Difference Aft View & Extended Balcony

USA41018

Hey Gail,

Our cabin number is 5121 which is starboard forward, not in one of the cabins between the corner suites. Should have indicated the cabin number.

So, back to the question "what is the difference between an aft view extended balcony and a regular extended balcony". Looking at the deck plans the "aft view" balcony extends outward more than the extended balcony, not making it larger but farther out from the ship. Maybe there is a good view of the back outside of the ship.

Anyone every have an aft view.

I think the view is the only difference; balcony size is the same. From your cabin you won't have lifeboats below you and a clear view looking aft.

Here is a picture of an aft view from our Glory cruise....view will be the same on the Miracle :D:

2899691350064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Here are the stats for your cabin:

Cabin 5121 (8G OST3) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

AN AFT CABIN (directly off the back of the ship) ON THE SAME DECK OFFERS:

Cabin 5270 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: no

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

I think the view is the only difference; balcony size is the same. From your cabin you won't have lifeboats below you and a clear view looking aft.

Here is a picture of an aft view from our Glory cruise....view will be the same on the Miracle :D:

2899691350064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Here are the stats for your cabin:

Cabin 5121 (8G OST3) 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: yes

AN AFT CABIN (directly off the back of the ship) ON THE SAME DECK OFFERS:

Cabin 5270 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: no

Gail, this is my very favorite place to be on the ship! :D Only have been lucky enough to get one once. They sell out very quickly. Hoping for one in 2010! on the Miracle! Wish me luck!

Luv's Crusin'

• 6 years later...

I have done the aft balconies twice and it is one of my favorite locations on he boat. The rooms I have been in have been the same size, but the balcony is deeper, although part of that extra area is under a sloped railing. You get the sound of the propeller wash and have tremendous views. You do have to watch out that you are not right above an aft lounge that plays loud music, that you don't mind that there is a little less privacy due to the fact that you can see your neighbor, and that you don't mind a little vibration when they fire the engines up. Other than that it is a definite winner for a lot of people. . . that's why they tend to go so fast.

I'm disappointed that I will be missing this cabin on our upcoming cruise as we are traveling with the kids and it does not hold four people.

We have an aft view extended balcony on the Upper Deck on our March 29th Miracle cruise.

What's the difference between aft view extended balcony and extended balcony?

I have never stayed in one of the other extended balconies but I can tell you the difference between the aft extended balcony and a regular balcony cabin. The aft extended balcony is deeper but not wider than a regular balcony but the cabin itself seems a little tighter. The view is very nice because you see the wake of the ship but there was either soot on the chairs or the chairs were wet from recent rinse every morning which is my main time to use the balcony. Also it was much hotter at the back of the ship because there was no breeze.

Brought up a 7 year old thread?!?

That's not always a bad thing. Sometimes people who are new to cruise critic come up with this question and its nice for them to see the answer and get current opinions since the ships change over time.