Does NCL ever add extra excursions once they are posted online??

jaw62901

You mean once you're onboard? The only times I've seen that happen is when one port is substituted for another due to weather and the shorex team scrambles to offer some excursions.

And sometimes extra times for a particular excursion might be added on to meet demand. That might be done rather last minute.

Otherwise, the ones listed online are usually the ones they go with.

You mean once you're onboard? The only times I've seen that happen is when one port is substituted for another due to weather and the shorex team scrambles to offer some excursions.

And sometimes extra times for a particular excursion might be added on to meet demand. That might be done rather last minute.

Otherwise' date=' the ones listed online are usually the ones they go with.[/quote']

That's what I thought, but figured I would ask.

But if you mean online BEFORE the cruise, yes they keep adding. For our recent cruise, they originally had nothing for Granada and Seville (Spain) at first but added them a little later on. And they're certainly easy enough to change online.

Once on board, you can change or cancel an excursion UNLESS it's within 48 hours of the excursion. Then, you're locked in (because they are locked in). The only "changes" they made while on board were to add more of the existing excursions if enough were wait-listed.

To it can depend on how far in the season of that itinenary it is. More of a chance of them to add excursions towards the beginning of the season than towards the end. Also, you might actually see some disappear towards the end of the season as some are very "time of year" specific. ie. whale watching, etc.

In a word--yes. We have had booked excursions dropped by NCL at the last minute. This is usually preceeded by an e-mail stating that at the vendor's request the excursion is not available. Sometimes it is only for a certain date. Maybe the exc. co. sold out to a private party that day.

We have also seen exc. added long before and just before a cruise.

For our upcoming this weekend we had a booked tour cancel. It was for a zipline and we were bummed. About a month later a different zipline that was not available that same day was added to the ship's list of avail. excursions. Yeehaw!!

The excursion booklet that came about 30 days out is dated last year! The list online is the current listing and has no deletions that we could tell but does have some additions not in the booklet.

Grant

I have seen them change to add or delete prior to sailing. Once onboard - go to the excursion desk and get a copy of what they are offering. We did notice some additions during our cruise as well.

That is very good to know. Thanks

The reason I asked is because we booked an excursion at one of our ports of call that were not really excited about, but there wasn't much else we liked better. Were hopping as they get closer that they will add more excursions.

Archived