Seranade Check In @ San Juan

jenbri

Hi Everyone, my wife (her first cruise) and I are very excited to be going on the Seranade this Saturday out of San Juan! We'll be coming in the night before to avoid any problems, but I was wondering what is a good time to go to the pier to check in?

I know it says 2:00 pm on the ticket, and from what I've read it's ok to go earlier. The ship doesn't leave until 10:00 pm, and I know the cruise before us needs to disembark and the ship has to be cleaned. Is 1:00 pm a reasonable time? I've already done all the RCL check in online.

Also, is check in pretty smooth? Or should I expect a good 45 minute wait from the time we arrive to the time we board?

Thanks All!

Same here, we always go around 11 or 11:30 and pretty much walk right on. Head to the pool, relax, have a drink (or 2) and at 1 pm you will be able to get into your cabin. Check everything you can so you don't have to lug it along with you while you wait.

We usually check everything but our backpack with our suits, pool stuff, electronics (IPOD, cameras), money, meds. The rest gets checked. We have never had a problem getting our luggage in time for dinner, so we check everything we can. In fact, if we are going straight for the hotel to the ship, we wear our suits and I wear a coverup so we don't even have to change once we board. All I want to do is get to the pool and soak up the rays!

Just watch some of the counter staff at check-in....they can be quite rude if they want...and offer no apologies for their behaviour...we found this out last March and I had no qualms about letting head office in Miami know about it

Just watch some of the counter staff at check-in....they can be quite rude if they want...and offer no apologies for their behaviour...we found this out last March and I had no qualms about letting head office in Miami know about it

Compared to other cruises we've been on, the check in staff in San Juan didn't seem as friendly. The check in agent barely said anything to us, just gave us our seapass cards. We don't need things explained anymore but

we're used to the friendly welcome aboard speech.

The lines did move quickly. I'd try to get there around 11-11:30 if possible.

Archived