How early do you start packing?

BroncosFan2010

Cruise Diva has a great packing list, just google. They are listed on the lefthand side of the page. I have used it for years, pared it down and tweaked it to my specifications.

Packing is an artform for me. I LOVE the planning, packing and repacking. I really do have a life :) Although it would seem otherwise!

Happy packing,

Michelle

I love this question, it make me laugh because my husband thinks I'm nuts. I don't cruise till middle May and I have been packed for a month. I live in Canada as well and am slowly starting to get sick of this cold. I agree with the post all this talking about the cruises gets me too excited. How could I not pack?:D The weather was -34 yesturday with a wind chil of -42 geesh!

A girl like me from the south would truely never survive temps like that! As I am from Louisiana and live in Texas it does propose a packing challenge. We wear shorts from March until the end of October easily. But somehow I still manage to pack several months in advance. Yes, I said months :D As I said earlier it is a sickness. :p

Happy packing,

Michelle

Going on NCL which doesn't require real dressly clothes. Last crusie we packed why too much stuff and this time we are doing a carry on bag - no checked bags to wait for.

We thought we would have problems getting everything in but since it will be warm weather most of the clothes are shorts and tops and capris. Hope the weather is warm next week in Mexico Rivera!:cool:

Well my husband thinks I am nuts, since I start packing about 6 weeks before we sail, but after a while he'll start looking through his clothes and he's right there with me putting stuff in our suitcases, sometimes I think he is more excited than I am (if that is at all possible). This year we are taking two cruises, so it will seem like we will be packing forever.( I am not complaining) Its the unpacking I hate when we get back, espically if we have to go back to work, one or two days after the cruise.

I hardly take anything with me PLUS I use/wear everything until the night before we leave. In fact, I usually have to do laundry a couple of nights before so I can have my stuff clean. Since I don't take much, packing is extremely fast.

I do have a list though.

I do buy things before hand and place them in a box.

Absolutely not!!!!! :D I keep a suitcase packed year round with such things as my snorkel equipment, mesh laundry bag and over the door shoe holder, plus any other goodies I can pick up.

Remember, it is never too early to pack :)

Happy packing,

Michelle

Trying to control my packing compulsion....I have decied to wait til formally pack til after ST. Patrick's day....I will need the table for dinner, BUT, then after that....I will be packing in earnest.

I already have a rather large binfull of misc. things to bring, and clothes hanging fresh from the dry cleaners all over the house...

Does anyone know anything about those fold down luggage "shelves,racks?" that attach to trailer hitches? May look into one of those for our drive to FL from NY. It would free up space in the Expedition..

Well my husband thinks I am nuts, since I start packing about 6 weeks before we sail, but after a while he'll start looking through his clothes and he's right there with me putting stuff in our suitcases, sometimes I think he is more excited than I am (if that is at all possible). This year we are taking two cruises, so it will seem like we will be packing forever.( I am not complaining) Its the unpacking I hate when we get back, espically if we have to go back to work, one or two days after the cruise.

Me too. I'm leaving for Solstice April 28th Joining the ship May 4th. I packed two days ago...I call it my practice pack, everything settles in the siutcase, then more can be put in . I like to take lots of clothes for "just in case" situations. Like the Scouts "Be Prepared" but I don't over pack. always one suitcase each for a cruise it's amazing how much you can take if all your clothes are light weight fabrics.

We start the whole packing ritual about 2 months out. We have one of those freestanding clothing racks that you can hang clothes on and we know that a trip is coming up when we "get out the rack" and start hanging clothes on it...it is a great way to put outfits together by color and see what you can mix and match to make up different outfits. I am never happier than when the rack is up in the guest room as it means that we are getting closer to our trip. Yippee :D

Picked up all the dry cleaning, makes easy to fit into garment bag, those thin wire hangers take up very little room. Set up table and started sorting through travel, stuff...MUST read instructions for GPS....

I cleaned out car and washed mats..

I am going to start serious packing this weekend, starting to get nervous.

OMG only 3 weeks left....:eek:

Picked up all the dry cleaning, makes easy to fit into garment bag, those thin wire hangers take up very little room. Set up table and started sorting through travel, stuff...MUST read instructions for GPS....

I cleaned out car and washed mats..

I am going to start serious packing this weekend, starting to get nervous.

OMG only 3 weeks left....:eek:

It's okay, Three weeks is still plenty of time! And you have LOTS of time on a plane/car ride to port to read instructions for the GPS. LOL

• 3 months later...
We don't leave until the end of the year but I'm pretty sure my wife has started packing! We are so excited. This is our first cruise and you can only imagine how slow the time is going for us! I can't wait!

You will love cruising and become addicted like the rest of us! Packing, organizing, and planning makes the time go faster. The anticipation can make it that much better!

I leave in 4 days(Sunday) for a 7 night cruise. I haven't starting packing. I don't even have the luggage down from the attic yet. You guys are making my think I need to start packing, now I'm stressed. Maybe I'll start tonight.:o

Archived