FLL Hotel - rates and availability - Thanksgiving 2009

LuvTheGoodLife

Wondering if anyone can give me some ideas about FLL area hotel rates and availability for Nov. 27-29 in 2009? Thanksgiving is on Thurs. Nov. 26 and we are looking at a cruise leaving on Sun. Nov. 29/09. I have cruised from FLL in Oct/Nov/Dec for the past few years and have generally had good luck with hotel rates but have never tried booking hotels over Thanksgiving weekend.

Anybody done similar dates in past years or is local to FLL and has a sense of how many tourists are staying in FLL over Thanksgiving weekend historically?

Thanks in advance to all who can help.

We stayed at the gallery one which is a double tree hotel prior to the thanksgiving weekend. We had a two bedroom suite which held about six people and the room cost us $260. Divided six ways, we only paid $45 a piece. The room was fabulous. They have the best bed i have ever slept in on the road. Anytime, i leave out of fll, this is the only hotel i'll stay in. For a post cruise, we stayed, at fort lauderdale grande. This hotel was okay especially if you like the view of seeing the cruise ships leaving the port. Would i stay there again, probably not. Galleryone is the hotel for me. It was next door to the galleria mall, across the street from a cvs, and across the street from a liguor store. We arranged for quality limo to transport us to the port. If you have any questions, please do not hestitate to ask.

Archived