Constellation - Sky Deck - cabin 9173 - NEED INFO PLEASE

crazy4cruzin

My family is about to put deposit on this cabin, I need to know if this area gets a lot of noise from above (the Seaside Grill). Is the overhang over the balcony a problem?? Has anyone been in this cabin, what do you think??
The deck plan shows the balcony to be a little bigger, is it much bigger??
Any info about this cabin and sky deck would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

We stayed in 9023 last year. We rarely heard noise from above. I actually liked the overhang. Since you're getting so much sun by the pool and while in ports, it was nice to have the shade. Also loved being able to walk up one flight of steps to the pool deck. Very convenient.

keep in mind, 9023 is under the spa and that room is under the "therapy/treatment" area. Probably pretty quiet. I have 9156 booked and am also concerned about noise. I have been reading threads for several months, there is no decisive answer to this question. I think I am going to go for it as there is no other FV cabin available but if you have any other options, you might consider deck 8 or 7 to be safe. You can do a search, try aft cabins or sky deck and see if that works. There have been numourous answers to this question but I can tell you there is no consensus either way. On one thread someone did talk about a lot of noise from their cabin and when they spoke to the mgr. on the ship, they were told that anything aft of the CS cabins (basically the 9100's) is much quieter. Don't know for sure if that holds true but it was helpful info to me. Hope that helps a little.

crazy4cruzin -- I would guess that you won't have too much problem with noise from the Seaside Grill -- from what I've gathered the largest source of noises on the Sky deck are from dragging deck chairs overhead (won't happen in the Seaside Grill... hopefully [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]) and from the jogging track, but that was primarily fore of the CS as prettybeth notes above.

As for the balcony in 9173, one of my friends in Europe always books the rooms with the bumpout on the balcony. So from her behavior I'd say the balcony is big enough to make a person have a preference to book the room. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

prettybeth, our friends who sailed on the Millennium in 9164 last year said the only noise they had to deal with was when there was a musician on the deck of the bar. They actually said it was quite nice to have live music off of the balcony! We've also booked an FV for our next cruise for the space -- the cabins are huge and so is the deck!!

I am actually looking forward to the music, to me that is a perk. I can sit in my robe on my private deck and enjoy the tunes! Just curious, why do you think the Seaside Grill will not have chairs being dragged? Do they not have heavy chairs out there? I ask because this is the only thing concerning me with this room so if you know something I don't please share!

prettybeth --

oops, I guess I wasn't quite clear in my post above. I meant in 9173 there shouldn't be too much noice from chairs above -- in the dining area of the seaside grill above that cabin there is carpet, so scraping of chairs shouldn't be a problem.

Now the aft cabins on the sky deck, possibly. I don't think the chairs are as bulky and heavy as deck lounges, though, so people are less likely to drag them all over the place. Or so I can hope! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If you want to see about what that balcony will look like including a large overhand that some like and others don't, go to [url="http://community.webshots.com/photo/101128602/101128893SxrnEf"]http://community.webshots.com/photo/101128602/101128893SxrnEf[/url]

Thanks everyone you've been very helpful! I don't know what to think about the overhang, I guess it will be o.k.

Parody - thanks for the photo, now I know exactly what it looks like

This is our first balcony cabin, I hope I won't be disappointed!

Anybody have thoughts on room 9022? It's underneath the hair salon, I think. We'll on on our first X cruise next week on the Connie and I'll have to figure out something quick if this is a bum cabin...

Rob

Archived