Please help need advice

Starbright7966

I have been to San Juan once before and did not really enjoy it. I believe that may be due to the fact we arrived at 6 pm. nothing to due that late.

I had my heart set on visiting the rainforest and carnival no longer offers that excursion.

Can you still book a trip to the rainforest or is it just to far away. Also if anyone has any ideas on tour operators that would be wonderful. And any good beaches??

Like I said I did not enjoy the island, but this time i will be arriving at 7 am. And I am willing to try it again.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your first visit to the island. There are actually plenty of things to do here in Puerto Rico, it just takes some homework to figure out what might interest you.

For the rain forest, I would really recommend renting a car and driving yourself. It's an easy drive, the cost of the car for the day will probably be less than the cost for one person on a "tour". Besides, with the proper preparation, there is really no need for a guide in the rain forest.

Take a look at our El Yunque primer for driving directions, trail descriptions and a trail map. Going on your own will allow you to see things that you won't see on a "tour" ... like the peak of El Yunque, Juan Diego falls, and Angelito Trail.

Hope this helps!

Give the Segways a try! The tour guides provide wonderful historic information about Old San Juan. It is a great, fun way to see the sites of the city. Here is a link:

http://www.segwaytourspr.com/aboutus.html

I agree. You could do a 2 hour segway tour. We did a 45 minute tour in the evening and would certainly plan the 2 hour tour on another visit if we had the time.

Mike

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your first visit to the island. There are actually plenty of things to do here in Puerto Rico, it just takes some homework to figure out what might interest you.

For the rain forest, I would really recommend renting a car and driving yourself. It's an easy drive, the cost of the car for the day will probably be less than the cost for one person on a "tour". Besides, with the proper preparation, there is really no need for a guide in the rain forest.

Take a look at our El Yunque primer for driving directions, trail descriptions and a trail map. Going on your own will allow you to see things that you won't see on a "tour" ... like the peak of El Yunque, Juan Diego falls, and Angelito Trail.

Hope this helps!

I agree!!! we rented a car (2008 Impala) for 5 days for around $100. Great bargian and so nice to have a car to drive around with!!

Rain Forest was very easy to get to and we loved it :)

Archived