Daughter, 14, needs to meet friends on Carnival Miracle Dec 15, 2008 sailing

cookies10

My daughter who is 14 is the youngest in our group of 7 people on the Carnival Miracle sailing Dec 15th 2008. I'm wondering if anyone else going on this cruise has a daughter this age that we might be able to buddy them up. Mine is thinking that she will be spending much of her time by herself and not happy about it. Maybe if she were to have a pal she wouldn't be too shy to try the teen club. Any help would be wonderful! I would love for her to feel excited knowing she could pal around!

My daughter who is 14 is the youngest in our group of 7 people on the Carnival Miracle sailing Dec 15th 2008. I'm wondering if anyone else going on this cruise has a daughter this age that we might be able to buddy them up. Mine is thinking that she will be spending much of her time by herself and not happy about it. Maybe if she were to have a pal she wouldn't be too shy to try the teen club. Any help would be wonderful! I would love for her to feel excited knowing she could pal around!

While I wont be on this sailing, I have had friends in your situation and in the end their kid's always seem to find others in their age to hang out with. Carnival has done so much in the area of kid fun that I wish I was a kid again. If you are not able to find someone who is sailing on this cruise, really encourage her to try Club O2 or Circle C. As I said I have seen kids her age come on board alone and leave w/many friends and memories to last. Good luck and enjoy the cruise!!

you might want to try the roll call for your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=780210

Good Luck.

Bill

My teens never really participated in the organized teen activities but we always made sure they went to the teen meet and greet on the 1st night so that they would meet other teens. After that they didn't participate much but they had other kids their age to hang out with. Just make her go to the meet and greet even if she doesn't want to.

Go with her the first night for the teen orientation....unless she's a total doorknob, she'll find lots of kids her age that share her same interests and will have a great time. Most 14 year olds are shy and tend to avoid social situations with unknown piers. So, go with her....

Then, give her encouragement. Another thing you might want to consider is setting up an onboard account just for her....you can use cash for this. Not much....but enough where she doesn't have to come looking for parents when she wants to play the arcade or buy something. It will give her a little freedom.

Our kids have never had trouble finding someone to hang out with. They are not really shy though. I agree that you should go to the teen meeting on the first night and let her get to know some of the other's in her age group. She will not be the only one there looking for someone to hang out with.

Thank you! I'll be sure to set up that account so she has the freedom to enjoy without finding us for money. She loves video games and I would think that she will find friends that do too. What a great idea...

Everyone has been so helpful. I appreciate it very much!!

I'll be sure to go with her to the meet and greet on the first night. And cross my fingers that she won't be the only one without a friend with her.

COME one over the the roll call. We have quite a few kids and my daughter will be with me... she'll be fine and have a GREAT time. Are you coming in the night before cruise or day of? Let me know... i'm coordinating our meet and greets and i can give your daughter my daughter email addy if she wants to 'meet'

Kaki

(Kim)

Hi..We're coming to fll the night before but very very late! I would love for Erica to have a plan to meet someone! Get back with me tonight if you can with an email address and I'll have Erica contact your daughter. I'm leaving for 3 days to watch my son graduate Marine Officers School in VA. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to check this forum everyday. Thank you so much...She'll be so excited!

I hate to be a debbie downer here, but I really would keep teenagers email addys off the boards.. a message board with 400,000 members... not all have the best of intentions... I would perhaps keep the email addresses to the adults and you guys decide which ones get through... sorry, I've just seen too many Dateline episodes maybe... but seeing a teenagers email address posted on here is a HUGE concern to me.

My daughter and I were on the Valor last June (she was just shy of 14 at the time), and we signed her up for the Circle C club the first evening - I believe it was for 13 & 14-year olds.

She had a ball! - I rarely saw her. When I first signed her up, there were about 10 -15 other kids her age enrolling. Most of the parents signed their kids up, then left them, as there were activities already planned right after registration.

They had midnight swimming, played guitar hero in the Circle C room, went to shows (as a group, always), water balloon fights (with a huge slingshot!), swimming contests, went to dinner together, went to the disco each evening, etc.

I actually had to make her go to dinner with me a couply evenings.

There's a flyer that lists the events & times for each day's activities, so she could attend those she wanted and pass on others (which she rarely did).

It's a great club, and we're looking forward to our next cruise in June 09 - my daughter can't wait to go back to Circle C!

Thank you for all the info. I'm glad that they have things planned for the kids right away. That way she has to jump right in. I'm thinking, after reading all these replys, that I haven't anything to worry about. I just know that I'll be dragging her there the first night but it will all be ok when she finds she's not the only one feeling awkward.

I'll be setting up an account for her as suggested here as well.

Merry Christmas all!

Archived