X-Stream Cave Tubing In Belize

Wyoming Cruiser

We just returned from an NCL Sea cruise to Cozumel, Roatan, Belize & Cancun. We spent our time in Belize on the most amazing excursion. I highly recommend that anyone visiting this wonderful country, take the time an book with X-Stream and go cave tubing. After an approximately 40 minute relatively easy walk though a beautiful rainforest (including a dry cave) you reach the river that will take you through 2-3 underground caves. You will spend the next 1 1/2- 2 hours floating on an innertube with headlamps down a very clear river and seeing some wonderful cave with stalagtites and stalagmites, plus an underground waterfall. These are not small caves, they are very long and very wide - oh and very high - quite amazing. Make sure you take a waterproof camera with a camera. The people who guide you are also wonderful. They meet you at the dock and take you on a hour or so drive to the rainforest/river area. You have 30+ miles of good roads and 5 miles of, how they explain it "interesting roads". We had a wonderful driver, Gilroy, who took good care of us. We had left our towels from the cruise ship in the van (a loss of $50 if we didn't return them). Upon realizing our mistake we called X-Stream and even though Gilroy was at the hospital with his son, he very quickly (within minutes) returned to our drop of point and gave us our towels. These people run a top notch business and truely care about their customers.:)

You can book with them on their website and save around $30/person off the cruise ship pricing. Their website is: http://belizecruiseexcursions.com

Great to hear! We are booked in January with Extreme and really looking forward to it. Any inside info you might want to share? Did you get the lunch? Did you bring change of clothes, and how and where did you change? Type of shoes?

Was meeting them at dock easy? Did you have plenty of time?

Looking forward to hearing more details when you get the chance.

The X-Stream website is excellent and it's great there is also a link to Grand Cayman excursions as well. Couple of questions on the cave tubing excursion. Saw the photos of everyone having to carry their own tube. If you have to walk 30 minutes isn't that pretty uncomfortable having to carry the tube for that length of time plus your bag, etc.? It sounds like you'll be on the actual cave tubing part of the trip for 3 hours? Any place for water, restrooms, etc. along the way? Thanks!

We are interested in this cave tubing trip after reading some really nice letters on here from people who had done this trip. So did you all have the same tour guide or is there someone I should be asking for? We have a group of 9 people, maybe 11, do you know if we will all be together? How far ahead of time do you book?

Sorry for all the questions but we are getting very excited

I'm deciding between X-Stream and Wet N Wild.....seems both are very good outfits, however the one with Wet N Wild (Marvin) looks like it offers lunch as well. I'm so torn between the two of them, so perhaps I can get some help here.

Also, one additional question. Rather than gym shoes, would water shoes work? I figured once they get wet, they won't be as heavy as gym shoes but am not sure if they will work for the walking part.

Thanks!

I'm deciding between X-Stream and Wet N Wild.....seems both are very good outfits, however the one with Wet N Wild (Marvin) looks like it offers lunch as well. I'm so torn between the two of them, so perhaps I can get some help here.

Also, one additional question. Rather than gym shoes, would water shoes work? I figured once they get wet, they won't be as heavy as gym shoes but am not sure if they will work for the walking part.

Thanks!

we also are trying to decide between the two any differences?

Hi Mortypro,

Nope, still deciding between the two. I've gotten responses back from both X-stream and from Wet N Wild. Marvin at Wet N Wild offers a personal response, while the one from X-Stream offers a generic response, but I don't even think that's my deciding factor.

I think the one thing I like about Wet N Wild is that you go to a restaurant afterwards, whereas X-Stream MAY take you to a restaurant if there is time.

Otherwise, both seem to be quite good companies from all the reviews I've read.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a great value - and we spent $5 for a huge, tasty lunch at the little restaurant right where you get back in the van. Richard was great and there was no problem with the tender - we didn't get there right at 8:50 when we were supposed to, but we were the first there and they are very concerned with waiting until they find all the people that are supposed to be there. It was excellent! Feel free to ask me any questions about it!

Sarah :)

It was a great value - and we spent $5 for a huge, tasty lunch at the little restaurant right where you get back in the van. Richard was great and there was no problem with the tender - we didn't get there right at 8:50 when we were supposed to, but we were the first there and they are very concerned with waiting until they find all the people that are supposed to be there. It was excellent! Feel free to ask me any questions about it!

thanks so much

our ship comes in at 9:00 am and i am concerned that they will be able to get to the tour on time as it leaves at 9:00 am

also was the water cold. was it as fabulous as it looks. i have a badish back and want to take the tour but don't know if i could schlep the tube and then jump into the water. do they help you carry the tubes

two of our group are going to do the tubing my dh is concerned that i won't be able to do it as he is staying back with one of my daughters and our 2 year old grandson. he is usually the schlepper for me

Iris - you might want to send a note to x-treme to let them know about your arrival time. Our ship actually docked at 7am and it did take us til 8:45 to get to the meeting spot. They do let the cruisers off first that are booked on an excursion with the cruise ship. It should be fine, but you might want to email to make sure. The water was a bit cool... I think they said about 70 degrees, but it wasn't too bad. :) Yes, I really enjoyed the trip! Oh, and you don't have to do the jump in to the water. I didn't! The guides will definitely help you get in to the water. I don't know if they will help you carry your tube. It was a little awkward, but you would be able to stop and rest or adjust your tube. I switched it between each arm and sometimes kinda crossed it over my whole body. It wasn't really heavy, just kinda awkward. I'm sure you'll have a great time!!

Archived