Vancouver hotel suggestions

Readytogo

We have stayed at the Blue Horizon several times while visiting Vancouver and have always enjoyed it and found it very reasonable. It's in the funky Robson Street district (too far to walk from the waterfront but an easy cab ride away). Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. All the rooms are suites of various sizes with balconies, fridges, etc.

Serveral of us got the Sutton Place from hotwire--June dates were $115. I just checked and August dates are running $137. When you put in Vancouver, the hotel that is 5 star and has the golf symbol is Sutton Place. It has gotten good reviews and is one of the ones recommended by the Vancouverites.

Also, as mentioned above, the Blue Horizon is also recommended. The price on their website is $189, but if you ask them to give you the Entertainment Book price of $169 they will.

If you want cheap, clean and close to the port, the Days Inn or Ramada Inn on Pender Street will suffice (Days Inn will be a couple blocks closer). If you want a high end, the Fairmont Waterfront or the Pan Pacific are "right at the port". Search Expedia and narrow your search to "Downtown" - these hotels will either be walking distance or a $6.00 cab ride to the port. I just did a search and the price range goes from $139 to $505/night Cdn. $

We weekend in Vancouver quite often and I must agree the Sutton Place is a wonderful hotel. The Pan Pacific is nice but it does not have a lot of ambiance to it. After all, it is part of the trade and convention centre. The hotel that no one has mentioned is the Fairmont Waterfront. It is right across the street from the Pan Pacific and hence the cruise ship. If I had to rank them it would be the Sutton Place, Waterfront and then the Pan Pacific.

Good luck, whatever you choose, it will be great. Vancouver is a great place to visit, especially in Aug.

Peter

I live on Vancouver island, and whenever I travel to Vancouver (probably once a month, on average) I stay either at the Sutton Place, or the Metropolatian. The Met is easily within walking distance of the pier - I walk down there all the time. The Sutton is also within walking distance, but it is "up" a few blocks. But then, I like walking....

My son and I are cruising from Vancouver in August. Any suggestions on a possible good deal on a hotel near the pier for the night before? Thanks.

i live in Whistler but have an apt in Van..stayd at many hotels in town. Currently trying to organixe my own trip to SA but once done will come back online an give you hotel info asap...

Most hotels close to the Canada Place terminal such as the Pan Pacific and Fairmont's Waterfront Hotel are going to run >$250 p/n during the summer unless you just happen to hit a deal. In my mind the best deal we saw last summer was about $150 at the Hyatt Regency which is only about 4 blocks from Canada Place. Hotels like the Ramada and Days Inn are much older (as in really old) properties and their rates tend to be at about the same level as the Hyatt. Sutton Place at $115 in August is a huge deal and is only about 2.5 blocks south of the Hyatt. The 2 Marriotts on West Hastings are also fairly close to CP. The new Loden is showing rates in >$300 range p/n in August and while in a good lacation, it is about 7 blocks south east of CP but is just one block off fashionable Robson St. Priceline often flushes out some good rates but stay in the 4 & 5* range.

Centrally located on Robson St and very reasonably priced. We walked all over town and were very happy with our room and service. The Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon was fantastic! We took a half day tour on the day we sailed and the coach company delivered our bags to the ship for us! We booked the tour through the hotel. Couldn't ask for better.

I stay at Pacific Palisades when I am in Vancouver. It is located in Robson str so a $5-$8 about the same amount of time taxi ride. Great shopping and restaurants in walking distance and has a Liquor store and London Drugs within walking distance to stock up on wine, beer, water and pop before going on the ship :)

http://www.pacificpalisadeshotel.com/

Last time I did stay at the Delta Suites on Wst. Hastings and while the location isn't as good as Robson for shopping. restaurants, it is within walking distance of Canada Place and Gastown.

http://www.deltahotels.com/hotels/hotels.php?hotelId=21

Archived