MIA flight and FLL port: best hotel and transportation plan?

acruisefan

We fly into MIA late at night for a 2 night pre-cruise stay. I have a hotel booked -Marriott Courtyard near FLL. My original plan was to rent a car at MIA airport and drive to the FLL hotel. However rental rates for that date are really high -$150!!! per day! Should we take a shuttle instead (there are 3 of us). It's too late for the rail. If so, then we are without a car in FLL at the Courtyard hotel which I don't think is near anything. I'm sure that taking taxis places will add up quickly.

And, with one day in FLL, what should we do?

The reason that I chose the Courtyard is that it offers a free shuttle from FLL (where other family members are flying in the 2nd night). And it offers a shuttle to the cruise port the next morning. Since there are 7 us then, I thought that was a good deal!

Any advice?

acruisefan, We're on the same sailing- Crown Princess NYE! Had seen you post previously.

We're also flying into MIA but staying in a FLL hotel. In reading these boards, it looks like limo would probably run about $85 plus tip.There are several threads with Limo companys if you want to read those. One is Larry's Limo. Google that and you'll find it.

At MIA, there you can also get a Supershuttle van. Those are shared van services but you can also book a private van. Google Supershuttle. The cost of their shared van was $31 per person but I believe the price may have come down with gas dropping. If you have three, then a limo or even taxi will probably be cheaper.

Taxi should run about $75 plus tip.

There are several of us Cruisecritic folks on this cruise. If you'd like, please post on our roll call. We're all getting very excited!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=596135&page=8

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the reply. I am starting to get excited about this cruise!!!! Just a few last minute transportation logistics to work out before we go!

I think taxi may end up being the best option so late in the evening at MIA.

I can't believe the car rental fees!

Barbara

We may do cab as well if there's much wait for the Supershuttle. We don't get in till 7pm and will just want to get up to the hotel as quick as possible.

Drop in on our roll call if you like. There are several of us chatting there. Planning to meet up. 17 days from sailing!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...=596135&page=8

Archived