Atlantis waterpark questions

beccadoby

For those of you that have done the Atlantis waterpark:

Do you have to pay to reserve the lockers?

And how big were they? Estimate size will do.

Do they providde you with a map of the areas?

Last question. I was reading about the closings, I know the calm lazy river is closed but what about the kiddie areas?

I have a 7 year old and we will be there Monday the 15th. :D

You do have to pay for the lockers--never used them but honestly when we go we never lock anything up--in 7 years have never had a problem.

Lazy river is closed but the kids area is open and there is a whole series of smaller slides on the back area of the Mayan Temple closest to the kids pool. Unless your child has a fear of water you can do the rapids with them with a double tube and a life vest. The slides on the Mayan Temple continue around the sides and empty in to the pool on the other side or you can just stay on the one or two slides closest to the kids area.

You really don't need a map but there is a resort map--most things are located together.

Is this a seasonal thing way these things are closed or are they just down for being not used? Do you know if they might be back up and running November 28 of next year for our cruise. We are trying to plan something for our 1 and 7 year old that they want to do.

Do you know the cost of this park also? Is food avail or does it come in the ticket price?

Is this a seasonal thing way these things are closed or are they just down for being not used? Do you know if they might be back up and running November 28 of next year for our cruise. We are trying to plan something for our 1 and 7 year old that they want to do.

Do you know the cost of this park also? Is food avail or does it come in the ticket price?

These areas are closed due to low occupancy levels, The Beach Tower is closed, as well as the area between the Beach Towers and the Coral Towers (this is the original area where the Lazy River resides). Unless things pick up, this area will likely remain dormant. Noone can see that far ahead at this point in the economic downturn.

As for the cost of the park.. it is currently $105 for adults, $75 for kids. It may be cheaper to book a room at either Atlantis or Comfort Suites (they get full access to Atlantis).

Food is available for purchase. At this point, several of the food venues are also closed, but there is enough to keep everyone satisfied.

It's really hard to tell what the economy will be like a year from now.. Atlantis is up for sale and in negotiations - noone knows what changes are in the wind.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this information, we'll be leaving tomorrow and our stop in Nassau this week is from 7am until the next morning. Good to know I would be wasting $$ for a ticket to the water park if the lazy river is not operational, it's always my favorite part of a water park.

Perhaps this explains the reason the waterpark was not offered as an excursion without the dolphin swim or encounter?

It is interesting that occupancy is low. Everytime I've gone online to try and book for a few days there, I always get "the dates you have chosen are not available." I would have booked a couple of times, but since there has never been availability, we've cruised instead.

Good to know I would be wasting $$ for a ticket to the water park if the lazy river is not operational, it's always my favorite part of a water park.

We did the waterpark on December 16th.

WHile the clam lazy river was closed, the Not so lazy river is open. It is FUN! I did it over and over with my 7 year old and we both had a blast.

The lazy river is nothing compared to the rest of the water features==if you are not going because that is all you wanted to do that is fine but don't skip Atlantis because it is closed--all the other features in the new section are worth the visit!

• 2 weeks later...
My sister just returned a couple of days ago and all her kids did was talk about how great the lazy river was...so it must be open now!!

Most people don't recognize the difference between the Lazy river (nice and calm all the way thru.) and the Rapids and Currents rides in the new section of the park.

The LAZY river is still closed (it's located betweent the Beach and Coral Towers).. the Rapids and Current are still open. These are likely what the kids were talking about. The Rapids and current are far from being LAZY...

Archived