Weather in GC?? Will it be warm??

lcalle

Hi guys.. I'm going on my first cruise in less than 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone knew whether it gets warm during this month.

I bought a new bathing suit and now I'm scared that i won't even get to wear it.

Does it get warm in GC during christmas week? I heard if anything it will rain but i don't know who to believe.

has anyone been there recently.

help!!

It's 80 degrees now in East End - and probably not looking at much warmer than that today. That makes today a typical cool December island day. :D

You can check out the government's live weather station at the airport http://www.neoc.gov.ky/CIFS/index.html which is showing about 86 degrees.

Checking the five day forecast (follow weather links from www.gov.ky ) it looks like we will have some cooler weather with daytime highs of only about 80 degress in teh next few days. Time to break out the sweaters!

Try not to think too much about weather forecasts more than a couple days in advance.

Generally, it will not snow in Cayman in the next two weeks.

The beach will be full of tourists (even if the locals are wearing long pants and jackets).

Beyond that, there are few guarantees.

im debating whether i should cancel.. I was expecting beach weather and plenty of sun :(

wont you lose alot of money if you cancel now? Just go and enjoy the atmosphere, even if it is not really warm it is a beautiful place!!

I would rather be on beach in the 80's then in snow or the cold 30's here at home!!

Just go and enjoy the atmosphere, even if it is not really warm it is a beautiful place!!

Not really warm??? :confused: I confess myself amused.

It's currently 23 degrees Fahrenheit here, with ice and snow...requiring multiple layers of heavy winter clothing.

Next Saturday, I'll be back in Cayman for the holidays, where I will immediately switch into shorts and t-shirts, and spend two glorious weeks swimming and lounging in the sun. I will happily suffer those daytime temperatures in the 80's...in my world view, that's not cool, it's almost hot. :D

Not really warm??? :confused: I confess myself amused.

It's currently 23 degrees Fahrenheit here, with ice and snow...requiring multiple layers of heavy winter clothing.

Next Saturday, I'll be back in Cayman for the holidays, where I will immediately switch into shorts and t-shirts, and spend two glorious weeks swimming and lounging in the sun. I will happily suffer those daytime temperatures in the 80's...in my world view, that's not cool, it's almost hot. :D

OP was worried about it being warm and to me, being from Texas, that is in the 90's, just a different perspective i suppose.....if the water is is 80 degrees, and the temp is just above that then the water will feel chilly.....that's all...but that is just my prospective again.:o

I think as long as the water is not freezing cold, I'm not bothered by it. I kinda like it to be refreshing.. but that only works if the weather outside is sunny enough for being out in the sun. I really wanted to get a tan... is it warm enough to walk around the beach in your bathing suit?

I am in florida so i guess I look at it from a floridians perspective.. I have also lived in Colombia in south america where it is never cold.. and to me that is probably the closest definition to hot!

• 1 month later...

Archived