Check your Delta flights

footlooseFF

If you have booked Delta flights for your upcoming cruise, confirm your flight itineraries. Several people in our Roll Call discovered that their early morning direct flights to Fort Lauderdale had been cancelled and Delta had not called to notify them.

Even though your flight may be a non-refundable ticket, Delta is obligated to refund your airfare if the schedule has changed by 90 minutes.

In my case, the flight arrival in Lauderdale was delayed by 4 hours and the return flight was no longer a direct flight, but instead flew back to Boston via Atlanta.

I rebooked on Jet Blue, same ticket cost, better flights.

I would like to add that it might not just be Delta. I booked my airfare from Denver to Fort Lauderdale on Frontier and without any noticed they moved our departure out of both cities forward 90 minutes. No matter who you're with, especially if you book a while out, it's always a good idea to check your airline schedule every couple of weeks at least.

If you have booked Delta flights for your upcoming cruise, confirm your flight itineraries. Several people in our Roll Call discovered that their early morning direct flights to Fort Lauderdale had been cancelled and Delta had not called to notify them.

Even though your flight may be a non-refundable ticket, Delta is obligated to refund your airfare if the schedule has changed by 90 minutes.

In my case, the flight arrival in Lauderdale was delayed by 4 hours and the return flight was no longer a direct flight, but instead flew back to Boston via Atlanta.

I rebooked on Jet Blue, same ticket cost, better flights.

Oh trust me, this is ALL flights/ALL airlines now. By the time we fly, I usually have a folder full of changes. From times, to type of aircraft, to seat assignments. For the last couple of years, this has been normal with every airline we have flown.

You need to check your flights every week for the months before you fly, just for the changes. And the airlines don't normally alert their passengers to the change, they find out by checking.

Glad to hear you were able to get things changed around, you are one of the lucky ones! ;)

Ditto with the above.

Every airline in the U.S. has altered their schedules by canceling flights and they adjust flight times quarterly, so it is important to go to your airline's website and check your flights regularly. Especially if you book months in advance.

Mike:)

Just home from 12-days on the Royal. What a fantastic trip, ship and crew! Anyway... Tried checking in for our return flight on Delta out of Miami to find one of our reservations was gone, while the other was still valid. We booked both together and had confirmations printed before the cruise showing 2-people on the reservation.

We ended up waiting in Delta counter line for more than an hour to find out Delta "moved" one of us to another reservation number. Without notifiying us and no explanation provided.

Thank you Princess for a wonderful trip; Delta we won't be flying you again.

We fly on Southwest as much as possible and found out a few weeks ago that if you find your flight price has decreased, you can rebook and get a voucher, of sorts, to use on a later flight. So I check those flight prices regularly. (Not to mention, you can still take 2 pieces of luggage on Southwest)

My flight with Delta has a change on the return portion of the flight, from FLL next April. They changed the flight number on the two legs coming back out to the Left Coast; I discovered this as I'm in the habit of checking my flight weekly. I siimply called the reservations section and reconfirmed the flight - it took me all of about 30 secs.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked my NWA flight and now we leave 35 minutes later. Considering that we were supposed to arrive at midnight, which was late enough and now we land at 12:40 am :mad: still plenty of time before embarkation but who wants to start a cruise tired?

I flew Delta a couple of weeks ago to see the Patriots play the Dolphins.I booked my Delta flight out of Boston none stop to Jax,I am going to the game with my brother who lives in Jax,spend some time with my nephews and drive to Miami.

Returning out of Miami nonstop back to Boston. I checked my flight status two weeks before and without notice they changed my flight to a stop in Atlanta. It was easier for me to fly out of Providence with the stop in Atlanta but I paid extra for the non-stop flight out of Boston.

I called to complain about getting the extra money back for paying for a non-stop flight and they said read the policy sir we have the right to change any flight at any time.

I get to the airport Monday morning two hours before my flight and not only is it two hours later but I am connecting out of a totally different airport that they booked for me in the first place.

I think they have us by the **** and when your in the middle of the airport there is not much you can do but complain.

Sorry about the rant but the whole Delta thing really got me.

In June I am driving to NYC. to cruise on the CB so I don't think any airlines will screw that up!

While they're all doing this, Delta seems to be doing it the most with the biggest schedule changes. When I flew back from Athens in late October, my flight from Athens to JFK was moved from 12:35PM to 10:05AM -- very hard to do with the ship arriving at 7AM. Then, when I arrived at JFK and looked at my boarding pass for LAX, I discovered I was on a completely different flight, flight #, leaving 2 1/2 hours earlier. No notification; no alert; no nothing. My flight from JFK to LAX worked out OK but I wish I'd known ahead of time or they'd even told me when I was checking in in Athens.

Archived