would we have enouph time?

decruzer

We are planning on doing castaway girl barefoot sail and snorkel at 9:30 am and it says it is 3 hours long, would we have enouph time to take a taxi over to coki or megans beach after to enjoy some beach time? Our ship is in port until 6:00? Has naybody done this shore excursion? Would we be to tired to do anything else?

If you leave from REDHOOK and get back at around 12:30, I would have to say you would have enough time to hit a beach if your ship doesn't leave until 6:00.

If if you were to get back to the Havensight area around 12:30 you would still have a chance to get some beach time, but you would lose about 30 minutes or so.

Keep in mind the island isn't very big, but things happen.

We had to deal with a power line being down once, THAT WAS NOT FUN!!

I think you'll be ok :D

We just did this during our St. Thomas stop on November 3, 2009. We did Castaway girl (private tour) left on time at 930am. Wonderful time by the way. We actually made very good time with the winds and returned to Havensight by 12:15. We then did the Princess Megans bay excursion at 1:00pm until 4:00pm. We arrived back at the ship a few minutes late maybe 415pm. But that was a Princess excursion. We spent one almost two hours at Megans bay. If your doing the beach by Taxi, you can do this for sure. Our tour stopped at scenic overlooks which you could skip in a taxi. That way if your too tired from snorkling just forget about visiting the beach.

PS Remember Castaway is a sail boat and depends on the wind on fast you get back. We made extremely good time returning. Also around 4-5pm there starts to be considerable traffic congestion coming back into St. Thomas.Just make sure you leave your plenty of time getting back from the beach. We were late departing St. Thomas when over 20 passengers were late returning from tours.

Now IMHO Megans bay wasn't the greatest. It's beautiful, but in my opion it's not one of the 10 best in the world. I've never been to Coki's. I wouldn't go back..But I'd would do the Castaway Girl again

Archived