Shipboard Credit ?

cyberrat67

DW and I pre-booked last year on Princess...used that for this cruise. Since we got an oceanview stateroom, we received 50 bucks per person OBC for that (as best as I can tell). When we booked THIS cruise, we applied the 200 deposit to this cruise, and there was supposed to be a 100 per person OBC for booking this particular cruise.

Cruise personalizer shows 100 OBC, and our docs show 100 on EACH of our tickets...I'm guessing we actually have 300, but I'm not sure... my TA says it's 200, but I don't know how they arrived at that amount, or if she sees what Princess has in the CP

On our last cruise, our docs showed 100 each...then when we were on the cruise there was an additional 50 for each of us. That didn't show up on the personalizer or in our docs so it was a bonus for us. Still don't know why we got it but we were happy to have it. So you might get a bonus too.

If the extra shipboard credits was supplied by the travel agency you booked with, it should not show up on the PP. But it should show up on your cruise documents. The only credit that shows on the PP should be what Princess is giving you.

That's what I thought...but would the Princess credit show up on my docs? That's where the confusion is for me...

Guess you will have to find out when you get onboard as this is a bit on the confusing side. :eek:

Sorry for the confusion...I suppose it doesn't really matter WHAT I have in OBC...I'm going to spend more than that anyway...

in a nutshell though, docs say 100 per person, PP says 100 total...I'm assuming it's REALLY 300...

just sent an email to my TA though to see what she can find out

we also have a mix up. our pp never showed anything. called way to many times to verify and was told yes we do have $75 each from princess and 100 per cabin from TA. when docs came it only showed $75. called TA and they said Princess says that it won't post to our obc until 7 - 10 days before we sail. told TA I want something in writing. they said if we don't get it while on board they will mail us a check. we will see

we also have a mix up. our pp never showed anything. called way to many times to verify and was told yes we do have $75 each from princess and 100 per cabin from TA. when docs came it only showed $75. called TA and they said Princess says that it won't post to our obc until 7 - 10 days before we sail. told TA I want something in writing. they said if we don't get it while on board they will mail us a check. we will see

hmm...now that's the opposite of what I have...Docs show the TA credit, but not the Princess one...

oh well...if the TA can't figure it out, I'll find out in 24 days

I was confused as well when I received my documents. So I called the Princess captain's circle (option 6) and asked if they would go over the OBC with me. The rep I spoke with went over everything I had in my account with me and then and only then was it understandable to me. Please try this and see if what they have agrees with what you think you have. I thought I should have more credits. But, some were applied to a later cruise I have booked and they were correct in the way they handled it.

I was confused as well when I received my documents. So I called the Princess captain's circle (option 6) and asked if they would go over the OBC with me. The rep I spoke with went over everything I had in my account with me and then and only then was it understandable to me. Please try this and see if what they have agrees with what you think you have. I thought I should have more credits. But, some were applied to a later cruise I have booked and they were correct in the way they handled it.

I'll try that now...thanks a million

You are very welcome! Let us know if you find anything out.

well, as luck would have it, I found out that their computer system is down, so they can't help me ARGH!!!!!!!!

I'll update here as soon as I find something out though

ok...yet another twist...

according to Princess AND my TA, we each have 100 per person pre-booking OBC...

now...according to the Princess website, I have 100 in OBC...just signed my wife up, and she's got NOTHING in there...

I think I'll just wait until December 3rd to see what I end up getting

Archived