Owners Suite vs AB Penthouse on the Dawn

cruisecap

Is there a big difference in the amenities? Do you still get three bottles of liquor as well as soda and water with the owners suite? I read somewhere that it had been stopped. Any information comparing both would help me. Also, if I have the owners suite for myself, husand and son and then an inside for my daugther and her bf will my daughter and her bf be able to get dinner reservations with us? Could they take care of that for us?

thanks

Is there a big difference in the amenities? Do you still get three bottles of liquor as well as soda and water with the owners suite? I read somewhere that it had been stopped. Any information comparing both would help me. Also, if I have the owners suite for myself, husand and son and then an inside for my daugther and her bf will my daughter and her bf be able to get dinner reservations with us? Could they take care of that for us?

thanks

We were in an Owners Suite on the Dream this past October, and YES we did receive three bottles of liquor (that you pick from a list). :)

Yes, OF COURSE you will be able to make Dinner reservations with your DD and her BF.....!!!icon14.gif

You would make ALL your reservations through the Concierge.

thanks

No problem getting the 3 bottles, soda and reservations for everyone in the AA. One major problem the Owners Suite can only be booked for 2 so you will need another cabin for your son or back to the AB and no free booze and soda :(

Forget the free booze.

The AB has an extra bedroom ( I hope the Dawn does). The owners suites is just a big room.

Technically your others can not get the extra benefits, but if you make a reservation for 5, then they are your guests.

Just found this link. Maybe Dawn is one of those that do not have the extra bedroom.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=887826

Forget the free booze.

The AB has an extra bedroom ( I hope the Dawn does). The owners suites is just a big room.

Technically your others can not get the extra benefits, but if you make a reservation for 5, then they are your guests.

In fact the Owners Suite on the Dawn is a huge living room, a seperate Bedroom and 1.5 bathrooms but only one king sized bed.

If I remember correctly, there is ONE Owner's Suite on the Dawn that can be booked for 3 - I almost did it last summer. It has (I believe) a pullman bed somewhere....

While I haven't done either the AB or AA on the Dawn, I have done both on the Pearl. The AA on the Pearl has the advantage of courtyard access, but the Dawn doesn't have a courtyard. I loved both cabins - the AA on the Pearl is huge, much much larger than the AB, and I *think* the Dawn's AA has a door separating the bedroom from the living room (the Pearl has a curtain, but they are two separate rooms). In either room, you should have no trouble making dinner arrangements for your whole family. We had the AA, AC and BB on the Pearl, and our daughters were given every concierge service (including reserved seating in the theaters, even without us) - the only exception was they could not have courtyard access, a non-issue on the Dawn. I preferred the AA combo for our family over the AB. We did connecting rooms, so it was like one huge 3 bedroom suite - the AA living room was a great gathering place for all of us. If at all possible, I would recommend getting the connected BB or BC with it for this reason. The service in the AA was better as well, but the AB was very close. The AB is very nice setup as well, but for your crew I would definitely recommend having a separate cabin for your daughter and BF - 5 in that cabin can be tight. I can't vouch for the free booze in the AA, but it was back for my last cruise in July and I think it's still in place.

While my experience has not been on the Dawn, I would imagine they are very similar. If you have any more specific questions, just ask and I'll see what I can remember.

Robin

The Dawn's AB penthouse cabins can sleep 4 - but the small second bedroom is really suited for 1 adult or 2-3 small children. the second bedroom has a pull down bunk (small) and the bed is not quite a queen but larger than a full size bed ..the closet is ample and the bathroom is a good size as well...Having sailed in it in 2007 with my mom as part of a group of 5 in the AB - we are both 5 feet tall - she is slender - I am a little fluffy - it was close..we tried not to be in there at the same time...but we worked it out

Archived