beach time on cosols tour

das1727

Is that a black sand beach? If so, is the sand really black?

Just back from St. Lucia. Before leaving the port, Cosol explained to all of us what were the options at the beach, i.e. Jalousie beach (white beach? taking water taxi) and Humming Beach (black beach?) where they parked the vans.

We had own gears but not enough time (45 mins?) as I am a slow starter (a novice who wants to know where is the deep end, etc.). A decent visibility in shallow area (did not go to the deep end) and a lot of different fish and beautiful setting. Well worth the trip. Equipment can be rented. The beach is roped off for shallow area for snorkeling so that you do not have to worry about the boat traffic. We were the first or the second boat arrived at the beach. At the end, it was very crowded by the snorkelers.

I just got back from a cruise and took Cosol's tour. I think we had about 45 minutes on the beach, which was just enough time to enjoy the water, see some of the fish and wildlife, cool off, and be ready to go back. Based on what I've read and seen, and what he said on our tour, he adjusts his time depending on when you need to get back to the ship, to make sure that everyone is there on time and no one misses their ship.

Though to be fair, with all I saw on this tour, I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to make my ship by the end of the day anyway!

Archived