Private guide/Biking AMS-BUD

jdblakeslee

I'm wondering if any of you can provide some information on which stops along the Amsterdam-Budapest route would allow for easy, independent tours rather than tagging along with the "group"? I know we will enjoy being part of the crowd but also think that we'd like to venture out on our own and perhaps hire a private guide or spend the day biking or such...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Jennifer

I just returned from a Danube River cruise with Grand Circle. We hired private guide Gabriella Torok for a 6 hour tour into the Hungarian countryside. She is FABULOUS and very knowledgeable. She offers a variety of different tours at a reasonable price. It was a highlight of the trip! www.privatetoursbudapest.com Please contact me with questions.

Connie

conniepel@zoominternet.net

I'm wondering if any of you can provide some information on which stops along the Amsterdam-Budapest route would allow for easy, independent tours rather than tagging along with the "group"? I know we will enjoy being part of the crowd but also think that we'd like to venture out on our own and perhaps hire a private guide or spend the day biking or such...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Jennifer

I hired Ingrid from Comfort Tours in Amsterdam for 4 of us. She was very accomodating and we really enjoyed her service. She had a very nice air conditioned van and we went outside the city to tour a realy cheese making farm. You can see her web site here:

http://www.comforttours.nl/private_guide/

• 3 weeks later...

I want to echo what Connie said about Gabriella Torok. My family just returned from a Christmas cruise on the Amalegro, beginning with two days in Budapest. Because I had read about Gabriella on this board, I began e-mailing her last June. She is wonderful and took care of everything for our entire stay. She arranged to have us met at the airport and taken to the hotel; she personally took us on a 5-hour walking tour the first day and a 5 hour van tour on the second, including dropping our luggage at the boat. She is a terrific guide, very dependable, and speaks excellent English. I can highly recommend her for your private tours.

I have to agree about Gabriella.

I have been using her for the last four years. She will arrange a tour around any special interest you may have. I was with here on Oct she has just purchased a new larger vehicle and was perfect taking us the the "shoes".

When you contact her please mention that Mike Davies would like her to take you to the "Shoes"

• 2 months later...

During my last visit to Budapest, I contacted Katalin Leimeiszter, who was referred to me by a friend, and have to tell you that she was absolutely awesome. I wanted to visit Budapest in a different way than normally people do. I was more intrigued by technically relevant sights and she took me to absolutely exquisite places. After a super interesting Budapest tour, she took me to some caves on the Buda side and since I'm a sportsman myself, I really enjoyed this incredible voyage to the center of the Earth! If you are interested in special guided tours and programs in and around Budapest contact: Katalin Leimeiszter on http://lovelyhungary.com

A+

Kristian

Archived