Question on Royal Caribbean transfers and car seats

mrsfreelunch

OK, I have read a lot on these boards now about car seats, getting to the ship. ect. I realize that many of you lovely folks advise against using the expensive cruise transfers, but lucky me - my parents are picking up this cruise and they already have the transfer set up through RC.

So more background... I personally do not plan to use the car seat on the plane. Also, we do not plan to take any excursions at the ports. We will just get off the ship and walk around the port for awhile. And, if RC is going to send a big bus for the transfer then I will not even be allowed to take the car seat on it, from all that I have read.

SO, the bottom line question is - what is the usual transport mode for the transfers with the ship? If it is going to be a bus of some sort, then I may opt to leave the 25 pound seat at home...

I realize that if something happened, i.e. late flight, etc we could need to take a cab and couldn't do this w/out the car seat. So I would be taking a small gamble on that scenario...

Thoughts?! I'm trying to get the hubbie's input but he seems to be leaving this one up to me. Thanks!:confused:

RC uses a big bus. So you are correct...from all scenarios posted, you can leave your seat at home. ;)

You will be on Liberty right? I am trying to think of the ports and try to offer you suggestions on what to do when you aren't taking a car seat. Are you doing Western or Eastern ports?

Hi Michele, Thanks for the information. We are going to Eastern ports. Only 5 hours in San Juan and I believe it is docked in a large market/ shopping area? Then at St. Marteen we really weren't too interested in any of the excursions anyway, and I believe the stop is in an "Old Town" area that should be good enough. Final stop is Labadee, Haiti on the "private" beach. Any recommendations are definitely appreciated though!

Oh you should have no problems then. Those ports are easy to do without taxis.

You can easily walk around San Juan and St. Martin. And obviously at Labadee, no excursions needed. :)

If you decide to do an excursion in St.Martin, we've done a bus tour called "Under the Two Flags Tour" - don't know what RCCL calls it though. We went on an air conditioned bus and they took us to both sides of the island, both countries. So we got to sight see and shop on both sides. :)

Have a great cruise! Come back and let us know how it went. :D

Archived