Paradise-San Diego Detour?

SunPacific

Okay, I knew it was a crapshoot booking a Catalina/Ensenada cruise in December but rolled the dice anyway. 8 months later, of course there is a major storm coming down the coast due to hit LA Sunday night.:( We leave Monday and had planned to do the golf cart thing in Catalina on Tuesday. I understand that with bad weather, the ship may be diverted to San Diego instead of Catalina. So, my question to you experienced cruisers, what excursion options do we have in San Diego that would be close to the pier? TYIA! :)

You may get lucky, on one of our 4 dayers we had a storm come thru and they switched ports around. Went to Ensenada 1st than a day at sea then to Catalina. We missed all the bad weather and had a fun cruise.

Oooh, that would be good - supposed to be nicer by Thursday. We don't plan to get off the ship in Ensenada anyway. Thanks for the info - it cheered me up! :p

The news as of this morning is predicting rain here in San Diego every day next week. I'm guessing they may nix Catalina due to tendering. There are lots of things to do, but not many that you would want to do in the rain. I would plan activities for both kinds of weather & then decide if/when you pull in. :D

The news as of this morning is predicting rain here in San Diego every day next week. I'm guessing they may nix Catalina due to tendering. There are lots of things to do, but not many that you would want to do in the rain. I would plan activities for both kinds of weather & then decide if/when you pull in. :D

Such as???? Please and thank you!:D

The USS Midway is Located right at the docks....Not the Nimitz.....A must see if you go there. There is also a great little sea food resturant right there it is called Anthony's Fish Grotto....Perfect for Lunch they have Great Fish and Chips

Not much else right there at the dock you will need to go farther to get anywhere else...Like Sea World or the Zoo....But San Diego is a Great Place to Visit...:)

Why not get off in Ensenada? I love that town. Have never had any problem what so ever & have been there many times. I love shopping in their stores. Love eating in the restaurants. You don't have to stay all day, but a couple of hours have always been quite fun for us.

Why not get off in Ensenada? I love that town. Have never had any problem what so ever & have been there many times. I love shopping in their stores. Love eating in the restaurants. You don't have to stay all day, but a couple of hours have always been quite fun for us.

I don't know; it just doesn't seem to have any appeal. Are the shops within walking distance? What activities are within walking distance? Do they stamp your passport if you get off there? TYIA!:)

The USS Midway is Located right at the docks....Not the Nimitz.....A must see if you go there. There is also a great little sea food resturant right there it is called Anthony's Fish Grotto....Perfect for Lunch they have Great Fish and Chips

Not much else right there at the dock you will need to go farther to get anywhere else...Like Sea World or the Zoo....But San Diego is a Great Place to Visit...:)

The Midway yes,I wasn't sure.Thanks.I grew up in S.D.and visit there many times and agree its a great city.But I think if you port there and its raining your choices are limited.Staying on the ship is always a good option.

The Midway yes,I wasn't sure.Thanks.I grew up in S.D.and visit there many times and agree its a great city.But I think if you port there and its raining your choices are limited.Staying on the ship is always a good option.

If it's raining, that's what we will do, regardless of location. The weather lady this morning said the rains should taper off by Tuesday morning,with another storm to hit Tuesday night. Said weather on Tuesday should be like it is today - very cool but partly sunny, which would be great. Fingers crossed!

Archived