Cave tubing with Kids - SAFE?????

glrydays

Hi, we will be in Belize on March 17 with the Independence of the Seas. We are travelling with a 9 year old and a six year old. We are interested in booking a cave tubing excursion. Is transportation from the pier included? What about lunch? What safety measures do they take for children? Are their tubes attached to the parents? Are they in smaller tubes?

THANKS

Oh, and a couple of things that I forgot! Transportation from the pier is included (or a short walk away from the pier) and you can include lunch. I recommend you get the lunch...it is about $6 each and after the tubing you are hungry! It is the basic chicken and rice that is common in that area and I thought it was very good.

And while there were no kids in our group recently, I have done it in the past and I think they attached the tubes of the kids with a bungee. But you also can attach to them with your feet, so keeping them close to you should not be a problem. But do e-mail whoever is doing your cruise in advance and ask for their specifics. Getting it from the horse's mouth is always better!

Archived