Catagory C on Norwegian Sky (sq ft of room)

LittleBlue

Hi, Has anyone else ever noticed that some of the rooms on the left hand/aft section of ship, Norway Deck (Catagory C) Example #0060 are listed as being 149 square feet...and the staterooms on the opposite side, example #0262 are listed as 202 square feet...Does anyone know if this is true, or a mistake...

the balcony rooms on same deck are also listed as 202 square feet, but I have heard that includes balcony.

having booked a room in catagory C and wanting the most for money I was curious if anyone has stayed in these rooms and knows:confused:

I have actually called cruise line several times about this, and got various answers, know one there really seems to know.

I considered upgrading to a balcony room on the same deck, and have asked NCL about those rooms as well and NCLswears rooms are 202 not including balcony, but I have heard 154 square feet for rooms and 48 sq ft for balcony, thus totaling the 202 sq ft

Anyones thoughts, I am hoping upsell fairy calls, I have a limited budget.:)

Some Big

Oceanview 0260

• 202 SQF.
  • Shower
  • Convertible Lower Beds
  • Refrigerator
  • Hair Dryer
  • Outside
  • Picture Window
  • Sitting Area
  • Duvet
  • Telephone
  • Safe
  • Television
  • Dresser

Some not so big

Oceanview 0061

149 SQF.

Shower

Bed Rails

Convertible Lower Beds

Pullman Bed

Refrigerator

Hair Dryer

Outside

Picture Window

Duvet

Telephone

Safe

Television

Dresser

Sitting Area

Well we took the Sky when it was the Pride of Aloha and had a balcony cabin. The cabin was small so I would assume the 202 sq ft. includes the balcony. We were on the Majesty in November and the outside cabin we had was about the same size as the Pride of Aloha.

Well we took the Sky when it was the Pride of Aloha and had a balcony cabin. The cabin was small so I would assume the 202 sq ft. includes the balcony. We were on the Majesty in November and the outside cabin we had was about the same size as the Pride of Aloha.

Cat C are not balcony cabins. Balcony cabins are small on the Sky as they were added after the ship was almost complete by Costa before NCL purchased the ship. Some of the C cabins are far larger then any balcony cabin on the Sky.

Ok, now i am confused. What is category C and i thought all the oceanviews had portholes with the exception of Cat D which had picture windows? I am booked in an inside Cat II and hoping to upgrade if prices come down. Any info on which oceanviews have windows would be great-i have never seen a Cat C? Thanks

Catagory or Class C are on the Norway Deck, a few at front, and a few towards the back...They are ocianview rooms, with picure windows.

I was comparing them to the balcony rooms because some of these ocieanview rooms supossibly have have same square footage as the Balcony rooms on the same deck. (202 square feet)

I was thinking about upgrading to a balcony, butif the room we have is really 202 square feet, without a balcony, that would be a good sized room, and I don't think I will change... I know the web sight says thats what they are...but i still think its odd that half on one side are labeled 149 square feet, and opposite side of ship they are 202,...seems odd to me..and I can't help but wonder that it is a mistake,

Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms?

Ok, now i am confused. What is category C and i thought all the oceanviews had portholes with the exception of Cat D which had picture windows? I am booked in an inside Cat II and hoping to upgrade if prices come down. Any info on which oceanviews have windows would be great-i have never seen a Cat C? Thanks

Category or class C sell out quickly since there are only about 12 of them, if they are sold out, they won't even show up on that cruise list of rooms available, you can look at dates further out in the future, and they will be listed.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from the Norwegian Sky. I was hoping that the our cabin 0262 was 200 sq. ft. since 4 of us were staying in it. I'm not sure how to compare but it didn't seem much bigger than my last cabin on RCCL Grandeur which is about 150 sq. ft. The bathroom sink area was larger but that's all. I was never in the Cat. C balcony room so it may be larger but not noticeably. We did enjoy the Sky and the flexibility of Freestyle. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Michelle

• 1 month later...

Hi all, We stayed in room 0260 for our trip on the sky the room is listed as 202 square feet, it is not, it is 149 square feet, it is a mis-representation on NCL's website, a typo or whatever,...just wanted to clarify for all those wanting to know...

and yes it is a noisey location, right under the buffet, not noises from people above, but every morning about 4 or 5 am they clean the deck up there, and move things around and every evening about midnight too...that noise woke us up, during the day believe it or not, its pretty quiet. A great location for getting places though, not far from stairs buffet and such.

Archived