RCCL and Age Groups

hawt1

Our sister has 10 and 12 year old boys and is hoping they will be able to be together. Can the 12 year old move down or can kids only move up in age range?

Going in January so likley not a full ship and leaving from San Juan on AOS.

Thanks.

You have to talk to the AO director on the first night. If they do allow it, then it will be moving the 12 year old down to the 9-11 age group, verses moving the 10 year old up. ;)

All you can do is ask (not demand...lol). :D

It's up to their own discretion. They may say NOPE, so just be prepared.;)

• 3 weeks later...

I, too, will be sailing from SJ on the AOS in January. I have asked so many questions directly to a wonderful RCCL agent, that I felt I should send her a Christmas card....:)

My DD is 8 years old and only 2 weeks away from her 9th birthday. The age group she would be in is the 5-8. Personally I feel she would do much better in the 9-12 age category. She is very athletic and plays with older kids on a regular basis. She says she doesn't want to do "baby" things.

I asked if she could choose the age group....

The answer is....RCCL likes for each child to participate in their appropriate age group on the first day. The counselors and you, the parents/guardians, can make a decision after the 1st day.

In other words, try the program, if you want to change the groups, they would probably allow you to do so, as long as it is within reason.

FYI - we have a total of 8 kids (not all mine:eek:) traveling with us. Ages 5-17, boys and girls

On Serenade last April, my DD was almost 6 (about 1 1/2 months away...) The poster above is correct. They asked that she spend one session in her age group. She did and when we picked her up, they said it was fine if she wanted to move to the next group (with her older sister). She did do that for a couple of activities, but enjoyed her group so much that she actually wanted to go back:).

Archived