Cave Tubing & ATV Tour Question

KAWS

I noticed that cave-tubing.com offers this combination excursion as well as each individually.

I'll be going back to Belize and two of us have done the cave tubing already. We're happy to do it again, but then when I saw the added ATV option I thought that this might make it new and fresh for us too.

Has anyone done this combo tour and if so, can you give me your thoughts on it? Do they still do the two caves plus the ATV? And where do you go on the ATV? Pricing looked pretty good for both but just wanted to know exactly what's included in this excursion.

Thanks.

I can't answer your question, as I have never done either one but I do have the cave tubing/ATV booked for March 29, 2009. Looks like you may go before I will, so let me know what you find out unless someone else on this board has done it. It looks really fun and reading all the reviews, looks like they had a great time.

Keri

I suggest you read the posting "Fun with Cave Tubing" about 15 posts down. It should answer your questions. Yes, we did 2 caves and the riding is done through a jungle-type area around their snack bar/home base. It had recently rained when we were there so it was muddy but that made it more fun.

I can't answer your question, as I have never done either one but I do have the cave tubing/ATV booked for March 29, 2009. Looks like you may go before I will, so let me know what you find out unless someone else on this board has done it. It looks really fun and reading all the reviews, looks like they had a great time.

Keri

Actually you'll be going before I will. We're doing this next October in Belize.

We are scheduled for Jan. 14th for cave tubing and ATV. I am concerned about getting back to ship in time for last tender, which I believe should be around 4:30pm, ship sails at 5pm. I read a post that said they were back to the ship by 3pm just doing the cave tubing. I don't like feeling pressured as we are booking privately and the cruise line has not responsiblity when you do not book thru them.

Thanks for any info you can offer.:)

Actually you'll be going before I will. We're doing this next October in Belize.

Oh ok, I saw where you were taking a trip in March of 09. I read the all the reviews on the website itself and there wasn't anything bad on there at all. It seems like a lot of fun! I can't wait. I will let you know how it goes.

Keri :D

Just returned from visiting Belize on Christmas day. This was a GREAT excursion. The time for returning to the ship is the same whether you are just cave tubing or doing that along with atvs because while you are riding, those who are tubing only are swimming in the area where the tubing ends and then you all proceed to the beginning of the tubing area together. We were back in plenty of time to shop for an hour or so.

We stopped in Belize during our cruise on the Carnival Valor and- as this cruise line does not offer cave tubing- we booked on-line with C-T.com. Yhony was there at the dock to meet us, and had our names on the reservation board as promised. Richard was our guide and kept us laughing all day- he enlisted my 11-year-old son as the official time keeper for the day to make sure we made it back to the dock in plenty of time to get back on the ship. We had a great time doing a muddy lap around the long ATV course also. My teenage daughter had great fun splashing mud at me with her ATV as I rode behind her. The scenery was spectacular and this was a great way to spend our Christmas Day!

Hey phtormey! We were also in Belize on Christmas Day but we were on the Carnival Legend. Maybe we were on the same bus? We were one of 9 who did only the tubing. Was Richard, your guide, the one who talked over the mic on the bus? I can't remember his name but I thought he was great.

Did you do one or two caves? It was my understanding that the AV combo included one cave.

We did this combo last week (New Years Day) and people got stuck in the mud a lot, including my daughter. There was so much mud. Fun, but so busy watching the course, really didn't see much of the rain forest which I thought would be the real attraction. I'm not sure if all this delayed us because we only did one cave and the others who did cave tubing got to do two caves. This was a really well run excursion by cave-tubing.com and those guys, (especially on the atv trail) worked their tails off. Picked us up as promised, dropped us off as promised, no problem with tenders....

We are scheduled for Jan. 14th for cave tubing and ATV. I am concerned about getting back to ship in time for last tender, which I believe should be around 4:30pm, ship sails at 5pm. I read a post that said they were back to the ship by 3pm just doing the cave tubing. I don't like feeling pressured as we are booking privately and the cruise line has not responsiblity when you do not book thru them.

Thanks for any info you can offer.:)

Sorry for not responding sooner but were gone for the holidays. We were back well over an hour before the last tender left. It's one of cave-tubing.com's priorities, to get you back in time. They know their business reputation depends on it. Whether you do just the cave tubing or the tubing/atv combination, everyone goes out and back and the same bus. Enjoy your trip, wish we were going again soon!

We just got back today from the Valor. We only did the cave tubing but we had about 15 on our bus that did the combo tour. We first dropped them off at the atv area and then we went to the caves. I wasnt paying much attention to when they rejoined us but when we headed back everybody was back on the bus. we made it back to port about 1 hour before the last tender.

Archived