Eurodam VT vs VF

hulamoon

Hello everyone,

Is there any reason a VT would be worth more than a VF? I noticed I could save a few bucks if I switched to the VF and except for the spa amenities it seems the room would have a better balcony.

I currently have a VT guarantee but currently the VF gurantee is much less expensive as a guarnatee.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Hello everyone,

Is there any reason a VT would be worth more than a VF? I noticed I could save a few bucks if I switched to the VF and except for the spa amenities it seems the room would have a better balcony.

I currently have a VT guarantee but currently the VF gurantee is much less expensive as a guarnatee.

I loved the VT. You are paying for the location. If you are a large size person forget it. The cabin is tiny. You have to crawl over the bed to get to the balcony. The balcony curtains usually have to be drawn as your neighbors could see into your cabin. But the location is great if you do not mind walking down a lot of stairs.

Hello everyone,

VF is lower with a bigger balcony but you run the chance of a solid railing and not plexiglas.

VT is higher and a smaller balcony but plexiglas and you get the spa amenities.

It's personal preference.

Thanks,

Do you think since they are both guarantee I could end up being moved anywhere else? I wonder if the spa rooms always upgrade to the spa rooms or if they can be reassigned to regular rooms? I did hear that VT was basically sold out but they are selling them anyway.

I learned a few things today, so I thought I would share.

VT is a higher category now than VH and VF. When i first booked the guarantee was the same price so it wasn't that clear.

HAL can raise the price of fees and taxes even if your deposit was many months before, so I learned there is some fine print I had not considered before.

I may need to switch agencies, I spoke to HAL and they told me they needed 3 letters and this seems to be a lot of hassle and tension. :eek:

I learned a few things today, so I thought I would share.

VT is a higher category now than VH and VF. When i first booked the guarantee was the same price so it wasn't that clear.

HAL can raise the price of fees and taxes even if your deposit was many months before, so I learned there is some fine print I had not considered before.

I may need to switch agencies, I spoke to HAL and they told me they needed 3 letters and this seems to be a lot of hassle and tension. :eek:

They need your permission to change agencies and they also need a release form from the other agency to prove that agency knows they got dropped :) Not sure what the 3rd one is.

VT has always fallen between VE and VF. It makes sense to me as VE's have a "shallower" balcony and VF can be extreme forward and solid steel... It's a good blend.

If you say you'd be willing to take an upgrade there's always a chance, spa room or not, but if you specifically WANT a spa room and those amenities I would lock the room in or go for a VQ... Not worth risking what might move you into a more expensive room if you aren't gonna be happy with what's in it.

Hope that helps.

Hi Brad,

I was told yesterday that VT is a higher category than VF. In the beginning when I booked VT G was the least of the Balcony categories, or at least it was priced this way. If my TA is right then I will save 420 by switching to a VF guarantee. She says I will loose my dining time and the booking must be completely cancelled and rebooked. It is a little frustrating as we are not speaking on the phone she only returns emails.

From speaking to guests on my last cruise when many of us upgraded we did not have to cancel and rebook, but a few were told they had to and ended up paying more fuel charges, and higher fees on tours, even though they held reservations on the ship for months.

Archived