Military discount with group booking?

Lance'sBride

Hello everyone. We are looking to book a cruise next year as part of a group. We don't know the other people in the group, and we were all told the name of a travel agent to use. I emailed him about getting the military discount, and he said that it wouldn't apply because of the group booking. Does that sound right? I worry about booking on my own through Carnival because part of the group booking is a couple of private events on the ship. Would Carnival be able to link our reservation to the group one so we can still get the group perks?

Hello everyone. We are looking to book a cruise next year as part of a group. We don't know the other people in the group' date=' and we were all told the name of a travel agent to use. I emailed him about getting the military discount, and he said that it wouldn't apply because of the group booking. Does that sound right? I worry about booking on my own through Carnival because part of the group booking is a couple of private events on the ship. Would Carnival be able to link our reservation to the group one so we can still get the group perks?[/quote']

That is correct... no, you couldn't get the perks unless you book with the group, you have to determine if the savings with the military rate is worth missing the perks with the group.

Correct can't do both Military and Group and we found the Military is usually a bit less $$$$. Best thing to do would be to call CCL and ask and if you get a less than helpful answer try calling again a bit later as some PVP's can be well.......a bit testy at times. Good Luck!

You really have to weigh the options... I know our rates at times have been slightly higher than the military rates, but when the OBC is factored in, plus the group parties, etc... it usually ends up being about even, if not still just slightly off... but, you have to decide if the savings is worth missing out on the group parties/private events, etc. Find out the difference and make the decision... you can still hang out with the group, you just won't get the perks or private parties that come WITH the group booking...

The Military Rate (which is usually lower than any other Promo rate) can't be combined with any other promo. You'll have to cheoose between the Group booking and the Military Rate. Carnival DOES honor price drops with the Military Rate (until Final Payment Date). ken

Hello everyone. We are looking to book a cruise next year as part of a group. We don't know the other people in the group' date=' and we were all told the name of a travel agent to use. I emailed him about getting the military discount, and he said that it wouldn't apply because of the group booking. Does that sound right? I worry about booking on my own through Carnival because part of the group booking is a couple of private events on the ship. Would Carnival be able to link our reservation to the group one so we can still get the group perks?[/quote']

Me and a couple of my friends are taking a cruise aboard the Glory in March and have the military discount. It wound up giving us a considerable price drop, so I would recommend using that, especially if you do not know anyone in the group. In the end, it is all about what you are looking for. I do not have too much experience with group activities, but from what I understand, they are not worth the price drop of the military discount.

Archived