alaska bound what is the best ship for the spa?

jtcin

Hi,

I am a 35 male and wanting to go to alaska with a freind. We really will be doing our own thing but I want to find the right ship that has an awesome spa/wet area. I want a steam, sauna, relaxation area. Would be great if it has a gender specific areas as well. I am looking at norwegian but I have done royal car before and liked it but I dont know the ship information. I got a tip from a freind that the NCL pearl has a great spa but if anyone knows about the rhapsody of the seas let me know.

Thanks,

John

jtcin@aol.com

I find myself having to bite my tongue because the spa is the last criteria I'd consider when booking an Alaska cruise, but what matters to you is what's important here. Your best bet IMO is the Pearl. Radiance might also be a good choice given its thermal suite. You should also check out HAL's ships.

Try posting this on the AK board for more opinions.

Of the RCCL ships sailing Alaska, the best spas are on Radiance and Serenade (they are sister ships). Radiance has a much better itinerary than Serenade.

But as Patrick said, Alaska is really about itinerary and NCL Pearl has a great Alaska itinerary so it may be time to try out NCL.

Of the RCCL ships sailing Alaska, the best spas are on Radiance and Serenade (they are sister ships). Radiance has a much better itinerary than Serenade.

But as Patrick said, Alaska is really about itinerary and NCL Pearl has a great Alaska itinerary so it may be time to try out NCL.

I totally forgot about Serenade. Glad you didn't. :D

I find myself having to bite my tongue because the spa is the last criteria I'd consider when booking an Alaska cruise, but what matters to you is what's important here. Your best bet IMO is the Pearl. Radiance might also be a good choice given its thermal suite. You should also check out HAL's ships.

Try posting this on the AK board for more opinions.

I think the question is very appropriate. To me sitting in the Thermal suite and watching the Alaska and Candian mountains go by is what going to Alaska is about. Sitting in the Thermal suite in the Carribbean to me is just OK, as your only watchiing water go by, and maybe a sunset or sunrise, but you get the latter in Alaska as well.

I recommend Radiance for it's itinerary and really loved the thermal suite we got on our last Alaska cruise.

Hi John

If you are looking for a nice spa and indoor pool area, RCI's Radiance class is my first pick. The Solarium area is very tranquil and jungle like. A great way to escape the Alaska cold when not on deck enjoying the views. I would follow that with the M-class Celebrity ships. I've not been on the NCL Pearl. David

Archived