Puerto Limon Hacienda tour question ???

lulybellsea

Has anyone done the following tour? It's 8 hour offered by RCI, includes lunch, etc. We'd appreciate some feedback before booking.

A Hacienda Experience - PL10

The Hacienda is located in the hills of Turrialbawhere where you will have the chance to learn about cultivation and processing of sugarcane. Next, learn about the cultivation of coffee from beginning to end, followed by a coffee tasting session. After lunch, visit the chapel brought by German pilgrims in 1880 and the old home style of Costa Rica's yesteryears. Etc

I did this back in 2006 while on the Mercury. It was a wonderful tour. The drive seems long but getting to the Hacienda offered breathtaking views. It's a well run tour with cultural flavor. And the typical lunch was served as well, very good! I have included a link for some more info on the place.

http://www.govisitcostarica.com/listings/listingPhotoGallery.asp?coid=1786

Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the ride is about two hours long as I recall. And you do go up into the mountains, which can be very curvey. I have a tendency to get car sick if I haven't been in a vehicle for quite some time, however at the time of that trip, I didn't experience any car sickness. We went in a plush bus that was air conditioned.

Well, the ride is about two hours long as I recall. And you do go up into the mountains, which can be very curvey. I have a tendency to get car sick if I haven't been in a vehicle for quite some time, however at the time of that trip, I didn't experience any car sickness. We went in a plush bus that was air conditioned.

THANKS, for the info!

• 2 months later...
Cruisegirl ... thanks for the info! I'll start another thread asking for an update on the condition of the roads. I understand there was massive flooding in Costa Rica in November.

I was in a 16 passenger van a few years ago and got car sick. The roads were narrow with many twists and turns....at times bumpy. The ac in the van was poor and when climbing hills didn't work at all.

Archived