Just booked Majesty of the Seas-4 Nites Bahamas Cruise

9855donna

I just booked on Majesty of the Seas for the 4 nights Bahamas cruise leaving Miami on 4/27/2009.I booked an oceanview on deck 6-#6084.

This will be my first cruise.I really like how they stop in a different port every morning.I've never been to Coco Cay or Key West.So that'll be a treat!Can't Wait.

Any comments or suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks.

Take your own walking tour around Key West.. their main drag (Duval St.) is within 3 blocks of the ship, and everything you need to see is on or near that street.

Thanks.I'll remember that.I love to walk so Key West should be a great port for me.:D

We also walked down to the southern most pt in key west. I would recommend either taking a taxi one way down, then walking the way back so you can see all the shops. Both ways was a long HOT and HUMID walk and we are fairly young (30 and 42)

Congrats on your first cruise. Majesty of the Seas was my first cruise. The cruise u r on travels in one big circle during the four days, so that is how they can hit all the ports. While u sleep at night the ship heads to the next port. when u wake up, u get to spend the day in a new destination.

We also walked down to the southern most pt in key west. I would recommend either taking a taxi one way down, then walking the way back so you can see all the shops. Both ways was a long HOT and HUMID walk and we are fairly young (30 and 42)

That's a really good idea.I think I'll do that.Maybe that long walk back will help my wobbly sea legs(as least I think they'll be wobbly).

Thanks.

Congrats on your first cruise. Majesty of the Seas was my first cruise. The cruise u r on travels in one big circle during the four days, so that is how they can hit all the ports. While u sleep at night the ship heads to the next port. when u wake up, u get to spend the day in a new destination.

Thanks.I think that's why I picked this cruise.I like all the ports it stops at and I have an opportunity to get off the ship every day of my cruise.It might come in handy if I'm not taking to cruising that well.Can't wait!

I took this same cruise in JULY 08. We had a great time. You are gonna love it. Majesty is a beautiful cruise ship! ;)

I've seen lots of cruise ships in my travels (and their HUGE!)but I have never been aboard one.I'm sure I'll enjoy my cruise and the MOTS.

Oooo....it'll be sooo much fun.

Key West is absolutely gorgeous - I'd definitely advise walking if you enjoy it. I wouldn't bother with any specific excursions, just grab a map and explore what you think sounds interesting. My personal favorites are Southernmost Point (if you're in Key West, you gotta do it once!) and the Key West Winery, if you like wine.

Nassau is fun. Be sure to try conch fritters & goombay punch while you're there - I did while there in September, and am completely hooked. There's a lot of really neat places to explore.

Have fun on your cruise :) I'm quite jealous!

And there's a Starbucks not too far from the trolley drop off. :)

Starbucks goes great with a piece of Key Lime pie from the Blonde Giraffe! I believe there are at least 3 locations in KW! Have a beer at Sloppy Joes. See the Hemingway house. Buy a Conch Republic tee shirt. And whatever you do, don't forget to get "wasted away in Margaritaville"! Make Jimmy Buffett proud!:D

If you take the Old Town Trolley Tour of Key West (Do not take the cruise excursion because they don’t allow you to get on & off) they will take you all over Key West. You will be able to get on and off at all of the major attractions.

Wow.Your not a fan of Majesty of the Seas are you?!!You could probably get around that ship with your eyes closed!:p

That Old Town Trolley sounds like a nice idea.I like the idea of getting on and off when I want.

Thanks for the info.

Key West is absolutely gorgeous - I'd definitely advise walking if you enjoy it. I wouldn't bother with any specific excursions, just grab a map and explore what you think sounds interesting. My personal favorites are Southernmost Point (if you're in Key West, you gotta do it once!) and the Key West Winery, if you like wine.

Nassau is fun. Be sure to try conch fritters & goombay punch while you're there - I did while there in September, and am completely hooked. There's a lot of really neat places to explore.

Have fun on your cruise :) I'm quite jealous!

Oh man your killing me here....;)Mmm.I love wine and conch fritters.And I'll have a go at that goombay punch too!:p

Boy I have the feeling I won't be seeing much of Key West if I can't even get off my stool at Margaritaville!:D

Just kidding...(somewhat)

Starbucks goes great with a piece of Key Lime pie from the Blonde Giraffe! I believe there are at least 3 locations in KW! Have a beer at Sloppy Joes. See the Hemingway house. Buy a Conch Republic tee shirt. And whatever you do, don't forget to get "wasted away in Margaritaville"! Make Jimmy Buffett proud!:D

Oh yeah.I love Jimmy Buffet.Have his CD and his Margaritaville Tequila.

Wow that stuff is strong!I always drive down the highway with his CD blaring away.....boy that doesn't give away my age does it?!

Thanks for the idea.I'll probably still be there long after the boat leaves!:eek:

Majesty....by far one of our favorite ships and crew!

Lot's of fun things to do in Key West. I have to agree about the Blond Giraffe and the Key Lime pie. Duval street is fun too!

Most of all....just enjoy your cruise!:D

Thanks.I'm so glad to see everyone is posting alot of great ideas and well wishes too!

I have no doubt It'll be lots of fun.

Before you leave get the shoe sizes of all of the people that you buy gifts for. When in Key West stop by the Kino Sandal factory. For $11.00 - $13.00 a pair you can get handmade leather sandals that last forever and are the most comfortable shoe you'll ever wear:). They make great gifts too. You can buy these under an another name at different stores with the price starting at $39.00 a pair so as you see you can't beat the price by going there directly. You will love Majesty!

We LOVE Majesty!! We also took the trolley tour in Key West. It was nice to hop on and off.

Nassau- We took a water taxi over to Atlantis..

CocoCay- LOVED it! Try to eat early as the bbq lines can get long. Don't wait for the last tender of the day.. nightmare. We did parasailing and that was a blast! We got some great shots of us sailing by the Majesty.

The love and marriage game is usually very funny to watch.

Enjoy yourself. It's a great ship.

Archived