Roll Call: Carnival Liberty Jan 24, 2009

brendrek

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I are going also on the 24th, (also from Ontario, Canada--Island Gals (hi)). We booked last minute, ie. today. But a GLBT group also from Toronto, will be onboard as well. That group numbers at 10. Hopefully there will be FOD meetings? I read on this site that in Dec. there did not seem to be one for one of the cruises. This will be our second cruise. The FOD meetings on that cruise was not well attended.

good to know more Canucks onboard...it will be good to get away from this cold weather we are having. we are heading to Miami on the 23rd.

I am 49 and my partner is 53. It's great to know there are a few friends along for the ride.

Hi Guys and Gals:

My partner and I are staying in Ft. Laud. on the the 22nd. The rest of the group are arriving either the 23rd and are also staying in Ft. Laud. gay area that day to explore the night life (though when flights leave at 630 in the morning how lively can we be). A few hope to sleep in on the first day of the cruise :-). My partner is in his 50's and I am in my 40's. The rest of the group spans the gamut with both older and younger. I still hope there will be a large FOD on this cruise. As I said before, our last cruise on the Inspiration there were only 3 others at the FOD meeting and they were another cabin. Hope we get the chance to say HI on board at FOD meetings.

Hi islandgals and brendrek:

Look forward to meeting you all at the FOD. The organizer of our group (it will turn out to be 12 guys on this cruise) has been on the Liberty before and has some possible activities lined up. Since my partner and I are last minute we don't exactly have that itinerary on hand, but hope to find out more by this weekend or in Ft. Lauderdale or even possibly at a pregathering party on deck the ship the day we go out. The weather has to be better than all this bitter cold and snow in Toronto right now.

Was just wondering what excursions you all are planning? We are booked on that overpriced Bacardi Rum Tour through Carnival in San Juan (his idea not mine). St. Thomas we are probably doing another Carnival excursion, but for St. Martin we are totally open. I was thinking of booking something private with Bernards Tours. I'd definately like to see Maho Beach (where the airplanes practically land on you). Benards is highly rated on CC, and does private tours that are price negotiable. Anyone want to tag along, or let us tag along?

Well, I don't know if the excursions are fully booked yet (and we will probably book excursions when on board (the now fully passenger booked Liberty), but my partner and I hope to do the Bioluminesence kayak in San Juan, the Americas Cup sail in St. Martin and hopefully the helmet undersea walk in St. Thomas. We have already stayed in Puerto Rico a few years ago and already done most of the other touristy things like the rainforest, the telescope, the gay hotel and beach area and the bars as well as the boat cruises along the coast line. But other than San Juan, the other destinations have some free time after the excursions to do some shopping and maybe a beach though I am unsure of the exact timing.

• 11 months later...

Hey I'm glad to see there is a bunch of mo's on the ship this week. Although not as much as the previous week with the Atlantis cruise! Hehe my bf and I are looking forward to some nice weather far from the snow in Canada.

Cheers! See you at the friends of Dorthy meeting in a few weeks!

Archived