AFT Balcony Question ?

mr jailerman

Are their any pros or cons to being on one deck over another while having an AFT Balcony on the Triumph ? I have a Suite booked at the moment , But the thought of trying my first AFT keeps coming back to me. Their are AFT Cabins on Deck 6 Open as well as one of the BIG Balcony Corners next to the AFT WRAP on Deck 8. Other then perhaps maybe hearing some noise from deck 5 or 9 I was more thinking any difference in Heat or Sunlight between the two as I am going out of New York in August up to Canada. Is thier enough breeze back there to not Die of heat stroak in New York in August ? I have heard that if you keep the cabin curtains closed that helps cool the cabin, Is that true ? Thanks for any help and have a great night.:D P.S. Their are two AFT wraps left as well. One on Deck 8 and one on 7 ? That's a bit more then I would like to spend but it's still less then the Suite I have now so talk to me..:D Thanks once more..

Are their any pros or cons to being on one deck over another while having an AFT Balcony on the Triumph ? I have a Suite booked at the moment , But the thought of trying my first AFT keeps coming back to me. Their are AFT Cabins on Deck 6 Open as well as one of the BIG Balcony Corners next to the AFT WRAP on Deck 8. Other then perhaps maybe hearing some noise from deck 5 or 9 I was more thinking any difference in Heat or Sunlight between the two as I am going out of New York in August up to Canada. Is thier enough breeze back there to not Die of heat stroak in New York in August ? I have heard that if you keep the cabin curtains closed that helps cool the cabin, Is that true ? Thanks for any help and have a great night.:D P.S. Their are two AFT wraps left as well. One on Deck 8 and one on 7 ? That's a bit more then I would like to spend but it's still less then the Suite I have now so talk to me..:D Thanks once more..

We have had the wraps on deck 7 no noise as you are sandwiched between decks of cabins.. there is very little overhang and lots of sun.. depending on where the sun is you can get shade on the side of the wrap or sometimes the aft.. I have heard you can hear some noise in the deck 6 cabins depending if the disco is underneath and deck 8 you will hear scraping of the deck chairs and such.. Will find out for ourselves very shortly as we have deck 6 aft wrap booked for a B2B .. and deck 8 wrap booked for 2010.. I dont think any amount of noise would deter me from booking those cabins.. as for the true afts.. I have heard that there is very little breeze and it can get warm back there..but then again I have heard depending it can be quite comfy..yes keeing the curtains closed will keep the cabin cooler.. so I guess you would have to try it out and let us all know how you made out !!

I have had all three, and I would take a corner wrap anyday over a suit. The view is amazing .

I was on a back to back last February on the Valor on the 8th floor , and the first week under the lido in a wrap the noise was terrible with the chairs scraping all night, the second week, we moved to the side, which was also the cat 9 large room, and large balcony, I loved it, and even though it was also on the 8th floor no noise at all, but I would not pay for a Cat 9 on the side again it defeats the view that you pay for with the wrap.

We will be doing the wrap again this year on the Glory in February but I chose the middle ( 7th floor ) this time.

I have done an aft on the Triumph twice and I have had one on the 7th and the 8th.

If available I would take an aft cabin on deck 7, you have nothing but cabins above and below you so it tends to be a bit quieter. On the aft on the 8th it was at times loud (not enough to bother but definitely noticeable) If you can do a wrap around on the 7th that would be one step up.

The views from the back of the ship are incredible and some of the sunsets are just amazing. The other nice thing is that not too many people go to the back of the ship so its much quieter in the halls.

Have a great cruise

Archived