Just Back-Partial Fuel Credit

lappy22

Just returned today from a 5 night cruise on the Elation. With the fuel credits supposed to be given for cruises starting on the 17th, my wife and I were not expecting a dime back from Carnival. On our final statement this morning, we each had a OBC of $10 to cover the fuel credit for the 17th. I just double checked the Carnival site and it still states the credit will be for anyone departing on or after 12/17. Either we lucked out or Carnival had a change of heart.

yea, to me it seems to be always changing a bit. i was to get the obc for everyone we (fiancee and I ) paid for on our wedding cruise. over $1000 credit. but it turns out carnival is crediting back our cc. which we are thrilled about. congrats for getting some back. every bit counts these days!

I'm just curious as to whether you confirmed the $$ you received was in fact from a fuel supplement refund. It could have been a port tax refund (lowered) or something of that nature as well.

Yeah, so many people are assuming this is from the fuel surcharge, but I'm not convinced. I had the same OBC on both legs of my B2B last month. I didn't ask what it was for because I didn't want to wait in line, but why are people assuming it's a from the fuel surcharge?

Yeah, so many people are assuming this is from the fuel surcharge, but I'm not convinced. I had the same OBC on both legs of my B2B last month. I didn't ask what it was for because I didn't want to wait in line, but why are people assuming it's a from the fuel surcharge?

I don't think it is either. There was a period when Carnival was overcharging for port fees and that is probably what this refund is.

Mexico is refunding $5 tax per person per port. If you went to 2 Mexican ports that is the refund. It was not explained on the statement, but I called purser & asked.

That explains the $20 on board credit we had last month. 2 Mexican ports and 2 people.

Where can you look to see if your roomn has b een given an OBC? online or do you have to call your TP or can you call carnival and they can tell you?

Go on page 6 of your documents on the carnival site. I have OBC showing for past guest but nothing for fuel yet.

Archived