Taxi cabs to Sunset Grande Resort???

Life's a Beach!!

I am considering Sunset Grande Resort to relax for our day in Jamaica. My sister was concerned there will not be taxi's readily available and the end of the day and we will miss our boat!! Can anyone tell me what their experience has been?

Here are pics taken from the SJG. Yes' date=' there are cabs but you can see the ship from the beach[/color']

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561436022JABXNd

• 3 weeks later...

Our group of 9 spent the day at Sunset Grand last week. And while it is true you can see the ship from the resort, I would not recommend walking. It is further away that it looks. The taxi (actually a 18 passenger bus) took about 12 minutes. So I would guess it would be at least a 30 minute walk through not so nice roads. It's only $10 round trip per person and in my opinion, well worth the cost.....even if the "guide" was a bit snotty.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You can arrange a round trip easily with your driver who takes you there. Taxis are anxiously awaiting your arrival when you walk off the ship, so you should not need to make arrangements before arriving.

You can also ask at the reception area of the resort and they can get you a taxi back to the ship very easily, if need be. Of all the places in Ocho Rios, the Sunset Jamaica Grand is probably from where I would least be afraid of missing the ship, although I agree that I would probably not walk to the ship from there.

Archived