Beginning 1/1/09, Shareholder OBC will be combinable with............

Here is the link to the chart that Oliver did some time ago on what is going to be combinable and what is not after December 31.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=870594

It now appears that Investor Relations is going to allow the combining of the shareholder OBC with P/D/D+ balcony discounts instead of just selecting one benefit.

It also appears that C&A will be doing the same and allowing the combination of an OBC with the P/D/D+ balcony discounts.

In my opinion......if you cruise 14+ days the OBC from being a shareholder ($250) is a much better benefit than an OBC from booking a cruise while on a cruise ($200).

Patti, when did that happen about C&A allowing the combination of the two? As of Friday when I spoke with Adam Goldstein office which was 1 PM I was told no that it would not be combinable as of 12/31.. I am so confused with all of this. Where did you get that information from. I hope your right...I think you need to head up RCL communication department you do a heck of a lot better then they do. All those who want to vote for Patti as new communciation director for Royal say Yay

Here is the link to the chart that Oliver did some time ago on what is going to be combinable and what is not after December 31.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=870594

It now appears that Investor Relations is going to allow the combining of the shareholder OBC with P/D/D+ balcony discounts instead of just selecting one benefit.

It also appears that C&A will be doing the same and allowing the combination of an OBC with the P/D/D+ balcony discounts.

In my opinion......if you cruise 14+ days the OBC from being a shareholder ($250) is a much better benefit than an OBC from booking a cruise while on a cruise ($200).

Thank you! Your information is greatly appreciated :)

While this is true, I have not found a cruise I want to book yet. I am just not ready to use this NC right now.

Is it true we can not change ships/dates after booking if we wish to keep the benefits of booking before 12/31/08?

I may try to email RCCL and make my case about the "bait and switch". It is not fair to change the terms after selling us the NC.

If you book a cruise prior to December 31 2008 and then alter that booking number (i.e., change ship/itinerary/sailing date) you will lose all your benefits and then have to select just one.

Patti, when did that happen about C&A allowing the combination of the two? As of Friday when I spoke with Adam Goldstein office which was 1 PM I was told no that it would not be combinable as of 12/31.. I am so confused with all of this. Where did you get that information from. I hope your right...I think you need to head up RCL communication department you do a heck of a lot better then they do. All those who want to vote for Patti as new communciation director for Royal say Yay

Dale, I am just reiterating what I have been reading on other threads about C&A. The information I reported came directly from Investor Relations, and I believe that someone posted a page or two back that they were told that C&A would allow the OBC along with the P/D/D+ balcony discount.

Thank you for your confidence in me.............but I humbly decline the position. It's sad that folks here on CC keep getting different answers depending on who they speak with.

As loyal as I am to Royal................it's time that RCI set a guideline and STICK TO IT!! Oh, and make sure that all reps read and understand the guideline.

As loyal as I am to Royal................it's time that RCI set a guideline and STICK TO IT!! Oh, and make sure that all reps read and understand the guideline.

Only if there is Christmas Magic, Do you believe????;):D

Miracles do happen but it seems not with businesses, schools, the government, or cruise lines.... employees are always the last to know.

Enjoy,

One caution, make sure you read the terms and conditions of the NC cert. It may say it can't be combined with other offers.

Up until December 31, you can get your OBC from your NC along with P/D/D+ balcony discount and shareholder OBC.

Beginning January 1...............who knows?:o

I see everybody ringing in on the NC OBC combinability with shareholder and plat/diamond balcony discounts. Nobody is commenting on the OBC for booking onboard a sailing and being able to combine that with shareholder and balcony discounts. Is that still available or is that disallowed now too?

I spoke to the Rep at the Diamond Plus desk, on Friday (12-19), confirmed that NC/FC are not combinable with shareholder or balcony discounts. Since my client does not have RCCL stock, I recommended that she keep her $300 balcony discount over booking on-board and only getting $200 OBC.

That is an excellent idea. I, too, am sitting with 2 useless Next Cruise certificates. I'll see if the money can be turned into an OBC for our next cruise that is already booked and paid for!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rick

Rick, please let us know how that works out for you. I'll be next in line with my 1 worthless NextCruise Certificate. :(

So.........the next question........will RCCL be doing away with Loyalty Ambassadors onboard.........as NC/FC's are no longer combinable??

What would be the purpose of booking future cruises onboard??:rolleyes:

Could be another cost cutting measure.

That already have cut the salaries of the Concierges......and expect that their tips will make up the balance of pay........but have not added concierge tipping to suite and Diamond and plus members.:eek:

Rick

Rick, I definitely think that's where they're going. Unless I was a Gold C&A Member; didn't have RCCL Stock; or never booked balconies ... I can't think of one reason to even visit with the LA (unless it's just to say hello and catch up on the latest gossip :rolleyes: ).

Unless they decide to let us start combining FC and NCs ... then it will be OK w/ me if they change their minds ... ;)

BTW, the folks at D+ assure me that they are doing everything they can to get the PTB to reverse the non-combinability decision. However, in absence of a total reversal, I can live with the current (as now amended) guideline.

As always, Patti, thanks for being the bearer of good news! ~ Lorna

I am confused. We booked our January 2009 Caribbean cruise while we were onboard our Alaska cruise in August 2007. We got a $200 diamond discount on our JS stateroom, a $100 onboard credit for booking a cruise while on a cruise and $100 shareholder benefit onboard credit.

If I book a specific future cruise while onboard our Caribbean cruise next month will I be able to combine all of the same discounts and credits? What about combining all of these things with savings certificates?

Email Goldstein's office and tell him you want your deposits back. The rules have changed so you want to turn them in.

Forget that idea, they won't budge. They will not refund deposits and you have until 12/31 to covert them before the rules change.

Now you didn't hear this from me...............but, if you have a NC that you want your initial deposit back on you'll have to use it to book a cruise and pay the deposit which will be less the NC deposit............let's say a short cruise...............then wait a week and cancel it. :p You will get your deposit back plus your initial NC deposit and it may appear as two separate credits on your credit card................but remember, you did not hear this from me.;)

Remember that NC deposits are non-refundable if they are NEVER USED..........and you just file them away. They are refundable if used to book a specific cruise and then canceled. It has been done and reported here.

Patti, this is indeed very good news. Every dollar contributed makes a difference on how many cruises we can do a year!

Someone made a comment about OBC's being not used on the cruise, but being reimbursed to their credit card. I do agree this hurts the OBC benefit, RCCL, and I would suggest this not be allowed. If you have OBC's left at the end of the cruise it should be forfeited! It should be spent on the ship which is what it was meant for. I've seen first hand folks asking if they can get their OBC credited to their credit cards. JMO

I am confused. We booked our January 2009 Caribbean cruise while we were onboard our Alaska cruise in August 2007. We got a $200 diamond discount on our JS stateroom, a $100 onboard credit for booking a cruise while on a cruise and $100 shareholder benefit onboard credit.

If I book a specific future cruise while onboard our Caribbean cruise next month will I be able to combine all of the same discounts and credits? What about combining all of these things with savings certificates?

You can only choose one. Take whichever one is worth more. No more combining after 12/31

From my understanding you will have the Diamond Balcony Discount and the Shareholder benefit but not the On board booking credit.....so no need to buy On board booking credits anymore.

From my understanding you will have the Diamond Balcony Discount and the Shareholder benefit but not the On board booking credit.....so no need to buy On board booking credits anymore.

You can only choose one. Either the balcony discount, the shareholder benefit, or the on board booking credit.

You can only choose one. Either the balcony discount, the shareholder benefit, or the on board booking credit.

Ray: Believe this has already gone thru a change...........newest reports are that the shareholder benefit will now be combinable w/ the balcony discount.........

Bruce

Ray: Believe this has already gone thru a change...........newest reports are that the shareholder benefit will now be combinable w/ the balcony discount.........

Bruce

I received a call from Mr. Goldstein's office this afternoon. She mentioned that the shareholders are very PO'd over this and they are looking into it.

I received a call from Mr. Goldstein's office this afternoon. She mentioned that the shareholders are very PO'd over this and they are looking into it.

Since they are already putting it "out there" via email from shareholder benefiits, believe they need to more than 'look into it'.............

Bruce

Since they are already putting it "out there" via email from shareholder benefiits, believe they need to more than 'look into it'.............

Bruce

Executive Customer Service reps better talk to Investor Relations, because my email from IR last week definitely said that you can combine the OBC from being a shareholder and the P/D/D+ balcony discounts beginning in January.

I am not the only one that received such an email. Unfortunately others that did that have posted their replies but they are embedded in other threads.

My email said.................

Yes, the shareholder benefit will be combinable with the Diamond discount for members who confirm balcony staterooms and any discount or onboard credit you may receive from your RCL credit card for Royal Rewards will also be combinable.

Regards,

Linda Buchannan/Admin.Support-Shared Service

Miramar Contact Center

We'll have to see who wins the war on January 1st.

RCI Exects vs Investor Relations.

I just received another call from Mr. Goldsteins office about a half hour ago. I specifically asked again about combining benefits after 12/31. I was again told that benefits will not be combinable including the shareholder benefit.

This is getting to be absurd and almost funny not sure what Royal is doing it is like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and while they are trying to figure that out they are pissing off many many people in the process. RCL sure are making the water very muddled by their confusing messages. This is not going to go away, RCL stands to lose repeat customers in the process if this is not handled correctly and I know that is not their intention unfortunately the actions or lack of are saying something different to their stockholders and repeat customers.

We'll have to see who wins the war on January 1st.

RCI Exects vs Investor Relations.

I just received another call from Mr. Goldsteins office about a half hour ago. I specifically asked again about combining benefits after 12/31. I was again told that benefits will not be combinable including the shareholder benefit.

This is getting to be absurd and almost funny not sure what Royal is doing it is like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and while they are trying to figure that out they are pissing off many many people in the process. RCL sure are making the water very muddled by their confusing messages. This is not going to go away, RCL stands to lose repeat customers in the process if this is not handled correctly and I know that is not their intention unfortunately the actions or lack of are saying something different to their stockholders and repeat customers.

I am sure that all of us here on CC have at one time or another received an email from Linda Buchanan confirming that an OBC will be issued to the booking number given to her for their cruise. I would hope that she is current on benefits.............since it's her department that gives them or takes them away.

Until I hear something different from her...............I will rely on the information she gave me in her email.

I am sure that all of us here on CC have at one time or another received an email from Linda Buchanan confirming that an OBC will be issued to the booking number given to her for their cruise. I would hope that she is current on benefits.............since it's her department that gives them or takes them away.

Until I hear something different from her...............I will rely on the information she gave me in her email.

Actually, I haven't received anything from her office. :(

Very sad. :D

Archived