Your best reason/experience for getting a spa pass!

pandi77

Sailing on the Gem in May, looking for experiences of past cc members to justify the spa pass. We're afraid we'll be in port all day-what hours is the spa open?

What are your favorite amenities in the spa and why? Also if anyone has any pics that would be the greatest!

We are not terribly social-we both get a bit claustrophobic and are reading on the boards that it is less crowded and quite in the spa. We are looking for advice on best times to go and why a pass is worth it for the week..

Thanks!

We didn't buy a week pass but purchased a day pass for $20.00. The heated lounge chairs are great, so is the hot tube. We haven't been on the Gem but she is a sister ship of the Jewel and it is a wonderful experience. Previous cruisers warned us that you won't take advantage of it (spa) everyday, so it's best to buy a day at a time. It worked well for us.

We got the week-long pass for our first cruise (Pearl to Alaska) and used it almost every day, even if it was for sailaway out of Seattle or just for some quiet reading on the lounge chairs.

For our second cruise that was our first purchase onboard for 19 days of repositioning. Used it almost every day.

We got the week-long pass for our first cruise (Pearl to Alaska) and used it almost every day, even if it was for sailaway out of Seattle or just for some quiet reading on the lounge chairs.

For our second cruise that was our first purchase onboard for 19 days of repositioning. Used it almost every day.

How much was it for 19 days?

You can take a spa tour when you board. This will help you decide what you want to do.

If you end up being unsure that you will use it enough because of an intensive port schedule, then go with getting daily passes occassionally instead. Either way I think you will be pleased.

The spa area is definitely less crowded than the pool area, but it is not outside.

Spa is the first place we go the minute we board. We thoroughly enjoy the spa on port days because we tend to return early and have the spa all to ourselves. We relax, unwind, use the complimentary products provided (shampoo/conditioner/lotion), and are completely relaxed when dinner time rolls around.

It's very enjoyable and we'll likely always buy a spa package. Maybe in the past several cruises, we've actually missed 2 spa days. Well worth the $$ in my opinion.

My wife cannot be in the sun. The spa gives us the chance to relax in an indoor environment with jacuzzis and a small pool. Plus, it is usually a quiet environment.

On the Dawn and the Star, the spa has a view of the aft of the ship, which is great for sail-aways from ports of call.

Sailing on the Gem in May, looking for experiences of past cc members to justify the spa pass. We're afraid we'll be in port all day-what hours is the spa open?

What are your favorite amenities in the spa and why? Also if anyone has any pics that would be the greatest!

We are not terribly social-we both get a bit claustrophobic and are reading on the boards that it is less crowded and quite in the spa. We are looking for advice on best times to go and why a pass is worth it for the week..

Thanks!

Three of us got the weekly spa pass on the Gem. We sailed 12/6-13. My friend used it every morning at 8 a.m. (hours 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.), I was there for about a total of 4 hours. On sea days a lot of folks decided to spend $20 bucks and use it that day. Of course our sea days were cold so the pool wasn't an option. It was quite crowded. (And those were the days we hoped to use it most). The spa has about 8 heated tile beds, another 10 or 12 loungers in the main area (overlooks the front of the ship) where the hot tub and hydro therapy pool are located. In the women's changing area there are another 6 loungers, a dry sauna, a wet sauna, 2 whirlpool tubs, 2 "rain" showers, 3 regular showers, lockers. The dry sauna has windows so you can watch sailaways and dockings (if the spa is open). The changing area was always quiet, the main spa area did get a little noisy, but, the staff is usually quick to Shsh! people. There is fruit, oj, and tea. Take the tour and decide, but, I found it difficult to work into our busy schedule.

We were on the jewel last January and I am totally in love with the spa.

I bought daily passes - not sure how much I would use it in ports so I opted not to get the weekly pass.

I absolutely loved the heated loungers. Lounging in one, looking over the ocean was heavenly. I don't think I could have been more relaxed. Well, I actually fell asleep until a spa person woke me up to ask if I was missing an appointment (I wasn't!). I didn't find it too busy - there were people in it, but it wasn't crowded by any stretch of the imagination.

I wished there were more instructions on how to use things. I have done the spa tour and they didn't really go into details. For example, what is the difference between the three hot tubs? Is it really ok to go into the one in the change room completely naked (it never crossed my mind and was surprised to see others do this)? How does the rain shower work? What are the benefits to the shower that is warm and then goes cold (holy that was a surprise - I thought I selected warm but it automatically switches)? How do you get the shower doors to stay shut when you are in them (I'm not the only one confused by this - they swung in and out on all the days I was there)?

We were on the Sun to Alaska this summer and I was quite disappointed to find out that the spa is not like the Jewel - there are no loungers overlooking the ocean (I was so prepared to lay on one forever watching for whales).

have a great time!

sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but I am wondering exactly what amenities you get to use when you purchase a day pass. We will be on the Spirit two weeks from today, I have heard that ship has a smaller spa, anyone with specific info?

I think the Spirit spa is still free but it does not have a pool. It has 2 very small pools with jet current for ''laps" but that's all. The ladies changing room is very nice though and includes a steam room and a sauna if I remember well. If there is a charge, it's not worth it but if it's still free, it is. On QM2, you couldn't use the spa changing rooms before to go to the gym and I didn't like that (I was lucky my room was right under the gym, just one flight of stairs to climb, otherwise I wouldn't have felt comfortable walking around the ship in gym clothes.

We had a spa pass on the Star. On that ship the spa is on the aft. It was heaven - used it every day! On port days it stayed open until 10:00 pm and on sea days it closed at 8

Our cruise was to Alaska and it was so nice to have a snuggly warm spot to watch the sites.

Has anyone had a pass for warmer destinations?/ We're wondering how much we'd use it in the Caribbean.

These photos were taken from inside the spa. Such dramatic scenery in Alaska.

2971025940104013758S600x600Q85.jpg

2656299820104013758S600x600Q85.jpg

We were on the Jade last month for a 12-day sail and we bought the full pass for the first time ever. What a treat! There was only one day we did not use it - and we had 8 busy port days.

We would usually come back from an excursion and head up to the gym for a bit then to the spa. We shower up, meet in the coed room and hit the Therapy Pool for a while. When two of the heated loungers freed up (hardly ever much of a wait - often none), we'd hit them for a while with some juice and just relax/snooze/whatever.

Then, we'd separate into our areas and hit the steam room or the sauna (or both), and the hot tub, followed by the tropical/artic rain shower before showering and gettin ready for an evening of dining, shows, dancing, whatever.

Oh - there IS a hair dryer in the locker room - at least on the Jade there was.

Our reason for purchasing it - relax, relax, relax. It was the best investment we made and we will buy it again the instant we board our next cruise:D

Sounds like there are a few amenities I hadn't heard of before. I might just look like a pickle by the time i've had my fill...LOL!

Tropic/artic rain shower....is this in the open or in a closed stall? It sounds like the upright version of the hot tub/plunge pool concept. I like the refreshing cols after hot but my husband thinks it's torture! He doesn't get the cold part.

Do they let you snooze or wake you up if you nod off?

Archived