Customer Service Failures - Australia

dingoboy

Australia is a Great and Fantastic country to live in however all the aforementioned is the whole reason i dont book cruises in Australia.

Its a great shame why i wont and dont support my local businesses.Simply its all to do with the Australian travel industries out of step policies and lack of consumer protection.

This simply comes down to lack of competition in a country where we have too few cruises with a population of 20 million and the Australian travel industries club cosy rules against us, the consumer, and what as happy go lucky Australians will supposedly except.

There is a prominent line, that is far from being a Princess brings its ships for a season and they in colaberation with the Australian Travel Industry have locked us out of their website and force you to make bookings through a land based agent.Further more their Australian management for the season convert SOME of the ships in some cases to Australian currency.They down grade the Menu ie, no nightly Atlantic Salmon or Sirloin Steak alternative to the main menu and no daily Eggs Benedict in the dining room.The lines other ship sailing from Sydney with its American currency intact had maintained its US based quality menus.

I have completed over 17 cruises and sadly only one booked through an Australian agent and i was forced immediatly to take out cancellation insurance upon booking. Had the ticket price had not of been good for a balcony out of Sydney i wouldnt have booked with them.

The local industry has forced me through lack of protection to book through American Agents direct.

Sad

Australia is a Great and Fantastic country to live in however all the aforementioned is the whole reason i dont book cruises in Australia.

Its a great shame why i wont and dont support my local businesses.Simply its all to do with the Australian travel industries out of step policies and lack of consumer protection.

This simply comes down to lack of competition in a country where we have too few cruises with a population of 20 million and the Australian travel industries club cosy rules against us, the consumer, and what as happy go lucky Australians will supposedly except.

There is a prominent line, that is far from being a Princess brings its ships for a season and they in colaberation with the Australian Travel Industry have locked us out of their website and force you to make bookings through a land based agent.Further more their Australian management for the season convert SOME of the ships in some cases to Australian currency.They down grade the Menu ie, no nightly Atlantic Salmon or Sirloin Steak alternative to the main menu and no daily Eggs Benedict in the dining room.The lines other ship sailing from Sydney with its American currency intact had maintained its US based quality menus.

I have completed over 17 cruises and sadly only one booked through an Australian agent and i was forced immediatly to take out cancellation insurance upon booking. Had the ticket price had not of been good for a balcony out of Sydney i wouldnt have booked with them.

The local industry has forced me through lack of protection to book through American Agents direct.

Sad

sadly I must agree

Archived