Norwegian Sky/ Differences between Oceanview and Balcony Staterooms?

LittleBlue

Hi all, Currently I am booked in a class C/ Oceanview, on the Norwegian Sky in Feb. for 3 day cruise. I am trying to decide if I should pay the difference and upgrade to a Balcony room...

The size (not including balcony) is about the same, so I am not refering to that ... but I have heard from other threads that there are some differences, like the ability to make Reservations, being able to make them ahead of time with balconies, and having to wait until the day of for oceanviews...

What other differences are there, Robes? Fruit baskets? Service? anything?

I'm looking at a short cruise on the Sky for February, too.

A balcony stateroom usually has an invitation to a breakfast in a dining room - not the main DR. You can ask your steward for a rob - but they are not in the cabin. I also think you are allowed to call for reservations a day or two ahead.

Not sure about the fruit basket - although if your Gold+ Latitudes member you'll get one, along with a bottle of sparkling wine.

We never received an invite to breakfast in any dining room. Suites have breakfast in Cagney's or whatever specialty restaurant is doing it on your ship. The fruit is a bowl of a piece per person of what you mark that you want. I marked oranges, green apples & I wrote GRAPES. Got 2 of each in a bowl each day. I think all staterooms get the robes, if not ask your steward for one or two. Reservation line for inside & oceanview is a day before. Balconies & up get two days to reserve dinner in any.

Be sure to read the bottom of each daily for a BOGO meal offer that they do on sea days. Buy one get one free. It is great at LeBistro, since Cagney's doesn't do it. Tangos, Mama's & Chin Chin's all do it.

FREE food is the Service Station restaurant (formerly called the buffet) & Blue Lagoon.

I'm looking at a short cruise on the Sky for February, too.

A balcony stateroom usually has an invitation to a breakfast in a dining room - not the main DR. You can ask your steward for a rob - but they are not in the cabin. I also think you are allowed to call for reservations a day or two ahead.

Not sure about the fruit basket - although if your Gold+ Latitudes member you'll get one, along with a bottle of sparkling wine.

Archived