Question for anyone just off the Spirit

Gingee

Couple questions. Did many people dress up for dress up night and if so, how dressy?

It seemed like 50% of the people dressed up for formal night. I saw a few women dressed in ball gowns and men in tuxedos. But a majority of the men just wore a tie and dinner jacket and women wore cocktail dresses.

Anyone on the tenth floor or above? How was the movement up there?

We didn't have a room above the 10th floor (ours was on the 5th), but on decks 12 & 13 in the pool/ buffet area, you could definitely feel the sway of the boat. People were teetering back and forth while they walked.

We got back on the 14th. I'd say that there were one or two tuxes, some suits, many coats without ties, and the women were dressier - plenty of cocktail dresses. Then again, many people just didn't dress up at all.

We were in 11052, and I've got to say that we felt plenty of rocking and rolling; thank God for dramamine, so we were never sick. I did often feel as if I was being hurled from one side of bed to the other, and the closet door would slide back and forth until I secured it.

cabin #11516, Dec.7, 2008, a date that will live in infamy,(sorry, but I always wanted to say that) due to the botched boarding process (which I choose to blame on customs), and finally being able to enjoy a wonderful week on a beautiful ship with good entertainment and great service. 2 nights we had a little rocking, but DWand I never took drugs or used wristbands. Atlantis sub excursion was cancelled in Coz. , since the little boats couldn't take us to sub due to rough sea, but we had a great lunch at La Mission across the street. Depends what you mean by "formal". For alot of us, a Hawaiian shirt and Khakis is formal, but seriously, there were a couple of tuxes and alot of jackets, but I think I saw more men in shirts. more later. Ask me anything. peace,steve

I see that you are one level higher than us. I almost booked the ninth floor but my agent said there wouldn't be much difference in rocking. Usually I don't get sick. It just kind of scares me when the ship is rocking at night and you can't see what is going on.

Did you have a hard time sleeping through your rocking?

Archived