Need Suggestion about Camp Carnival ?

mr jailerman

I was wondering how the Camp Carnival Program was on the Inspiration ? I know that some of the oweners Suites were taken out and a New Camp Canival was placed ther but I know that did not happen to Inspiration. I was on this ship early this year but did not have my DS with me and really didn't pay much attension as far as the kids club went. I remember how nice the ship was after the re-furb but wonder what the Kids Club would be like for a 9 Year Old ? I also know that it has the Nice Waterworks slides that would go over well with him also . It's between the Inspiration or the Destiny at this point. Any help would be great. Thanks and have a great day..:)

I'm not sure specifically about the Inspiration but I can tell you that Carnival and the Carnival counselors do an excellent job with the kids. We were on the Freedom last year and my DD5 loved it. Also, I saw many older kids (like 8, 9 & 10yr olds) having a blast with the games that Camp Carnival has. I'm guessing your 9yr old will love the kids club.

The 9-11 year old camps are the best in the fleet- Your child will need to be 9 years old by sailing date.

They can sign themselves in and out of the program.

Camp hours are closed from noon - 2 and most nights from 5-7pm. Camp charge a fee at 10pm. One night there will be a slumber party til about 3am.

The 9-11 year old camps are the best in the fleet- Your child will need to be 9 years old by sailing date.

They can sign themselves in and out of the program.

Camp hours are closed from noon - 2 and most nights from 5-7pm. Camp charge a fee at 10pm. One night there will be a slumber party til about 3am.

Thanks Serene .. Do you happen to know about the FANTASY Class Camp Carnival programs ? Better or worse then Destiny Class ?

Thanks Serene .. Do you happen to know about the FANTASY Class Camp Carnival programs ? Better or worse then Destiny Class ?

Programs are supposed to be fleetwide- Are you talking about camp programs on the Destiny from San Juan? (thats was a differnt type of cruise altogether)

Hi there...

We sailed on the Inspiration in August with our 3 kids - ages 3,10 and 13.

The camp carnival area is SMALL compared to the Liberty, Triumph and Victory. The 2-5 group stayed in this area all the time.

The 9-11 group moved around the ship - most of the time meeting at the Disco. The only time they used the room was when they played guitar hero or had an art project.

I will say, from our experience, that my 10 yr old son did not enjoy the activities as much as he has on our previous cruises. They offered much more activities and options on the Liberty.

My 3 yr old daughter, however.. still loved going to Camp!

As far as my 13 yr old, who participated in Circle C - I don't know anything about it, as I didn't see him all week! ;)

Catrin

Ges for camps:

3-5

6-8

9-11

12-14

15-17

Usually the 12-14 is not so good because that age is hard--they are too cool to be participating in group activities but are seen hanging out together during the week- Pizza parties or hot tub parties.

Camps are usualy VERY strict with age groups. Kids can move down in are groups but not up

All three of my kids had a blast with the Camp activities on the Imagination a few weeks ago. My youngest was in the 9-11 age group and they offered a TON of activities for him. My older two were in Circle C and Club O2.

The kids also enjoyed the Waterworks area and spent as much time as they could there.

I should add that on our sailing, there were only 200 kids on board, and less than 10 in each of the age groups that my kids were in that attended the group activities. My kids formed close friendships and are still keeping in touch online with their friends!

Usually the 12-14 is not so good because that age is hard--they are too cool to be participating in group activities but are seen hanging out together during the week- Pizza parties or hot tub parties.

Camps are usualy VERY strict with age groups. Kids can move down in are groups but not up

Goodness, I am nervous now... DD13 will be in this group. You are right about them being TOO COOL! I am not sure she will be into anything if her horse isnt involved, or she is making my life hard! :rolleyes:

Goodness, I am nervous now... DD13 will be in this group. You are right about them being TOO COOL! I am not sure she will be into anything if her horse isnt involved, or she is making my life hard! :rolleyes:

No matter how uncool she thinks it may be--tell her its mandatory that she show up for the first night. (like a muster drill kinda) its the oportunity to meet the other kids her age sailing with her. If she doesnt meet those kids she WILL make you life hard that week.

All three of my kids had a blast with the Camp activities on the Imagination a few weeks ago. My youngest was in the 9-11 age group and they offered a TON of activities for him. My older two were in Circle C and Club O2.

The kids also enjoyed the Waterworks area and spent as much time as they could there.

I should add that on our sailing, there were only 200 kids on board, and less than 10 in each of the age groups that my kids were in that attended the group activities. My kids formed close friendships and are still keeping in touch online with their friends!

Great to hear about the Imagination's Kids Club ! I am really leaning toward the Imagination over the Destiny But I am still learning the pros and cons if I do. Thanks once more.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!

We are taking our best friends on the cruise/because their kids are best buddies with our boys. My youngest is 9 and his friend will only be 8 on the sailing. What can I do to get these kids into the same group? It would ruin if for them if they couldn't be together, they would both just opt to not go!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Angi

I was wondering how the Camp Carnival Program was on the Inspiration ? I know that some of the oweners Suites were taken out and a New Camp Canival was placed ther but I know that did not happen to Inspiration. I was on this ship early this year but did not have my DS with me and really didn't pay much attension as far as the kids club went. I remember how nice the ship was after the re-furb but wonder what the Kids Club would be like for a 9 Year Old ? I also know that it has the Nice Waterworks slides that would go over well with him also . It's between the Inspiration or the Destiny at this point. Any help would be great. Thanks and have a great day..:)

I was on the Splendor last week so I can't talk about the Inspiration, but I had a 9-year old in Camp Carnival and a 12-year old in Circle C. The 9-year old loved it, and most of the activities were not in the Camp Carnival facility anyway. They did a lot in the disco, and her favorite activity was scavenger hunts all over the ship. We let her sign herself in and out, which she also liked. The 12-year old did not like Circle C as much, but that's due to the age group more than anything, I think.

Archived