Grandeur NOT goint to Grand Cayman: Nov 20

cudjoekey

I wanted to let everyone that is going on the Grandeur of the Seas on November 20 know that we are NOT going to Grand Cayman. The GC Port Authority updated their schedule this morning and although there are four ships scheduled to go there on the 23rd, we are not one of them.

Royal Caribbean's website has not been updated. If anyone finds out whether a new port has been substituted or whether we will have another sea day, please post here.

I saw that this morning too and was wondering so I called RCCL. The guy who answered said the port was closed (we all know that is not true) and that RCCL will decide once we are on board whether or not it will be a day at sea or another port. Seems like they could make plans a little earlier and let people know, don't you think!

hi cudjoekey we are also on this cruise. My best friend works for RCCL in Wichita KS (thats is where thier reservation center is located) she said they have been been telling them about 3 days out what port we are going to. The last weeks cruise went to Belize so we will probably be going there also. i sent an e-mail to her today to see if there is any info on the ports. I will post any info i get from her. We have a roll call thread on the roll call board. why don't you check it out an introduce yourselves. 10 days and counting.

we are on jewel scheduled to be in GC on 11/18 - it is not on the Grand Cayman port authority schedule. after a call to rccl they stated that we were, in fact, going to gc. go figure - they obviously don't know what they're doing - oh well not to fret - we'll have a grand time anyway !!!!!

HI! We are not in GC until Dec. but I am interested in knowing which ports maybe subsituted just so I can have a back plan. We only have 3 port days so I am hoping we get another port. We were in GC last year so I would love a chance to go somewhere else. I guess I will go glance at the Belize thread just in case.

Jean

I'll be in the Grandeur on 11/27 and we are not listed on the GC port authority schedule for 11/30. I hope we get to go to another island since we already have 3 sea days. I'm very disappointed. I really wanted to swim with the sting rays.

Dawn

RCCL replied to my email about the Grand Cayman problem for the cruise leaving N.O. 11/20

Thank you for your inquiry.

At this time Grand Cayman is only allowing two ships in port a day and they are in charge of the scheduling. Unfortunately they are not providing the information to us until just a few days prior to each sailing so at this time we cannot advise one way or another. According to the schedule the port authority has posted, the Grandeur is not going to be in port that day, but this has not been officially announced.

We apologize for any inconvenience and do understand your request to know before you sail, please understand this is the request of all of our guests.

We would recommend checking back with us a few days prior to your cruise and we should have official information at that time.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International.

• 2 weeks later...

Our sailing is not going to Grand Cayman either! We will be going to Nassau, Bahamas instead! My Husband and I are fine with the new change! We love cruising and we love Royal Carribean! We love all of their ships as well as their Ports of Calls and Departure Ports! Don't let bad weather or a missed port ruin your vacation! My Husband and I make the best out of any situation and we have a blast! A few years ago in St. Thomas in December of 2001 it just rained hard all day long! Royal Caribbean cancelled almost every excursion and refunded the passengers for missed excursions booked through RCCL! We still climbed the 99 steps and had an awesome view of St. Thomas and then we just shopped for souveniers and then hopped from bar to bar trying all of the fancy drinks that St. Thomas is known for making! We had so much fun that day!!! Most other passengers just stayed on the ship that day and moaned all night because it rained and the weather ruined there fun in St. Thomas! Not us we still got off the ship and we got drenched we didn't care one bit and we still had the time of our lives!!! In life it is the attitiude that will make the difference! One can choose to be happy and have fun or be cranky and choose not to have fun!!! We choose to be HAPPY and make the most out of life! Life is too short to be miserable! This would have been our first time going to Grand Cayman and enjoying the Seven Mile Beach but we will spend our day at the beach in Nassau instead! If the weather is bad then we will take a cab and go from Hotel to Hotel and take in some food, gambling and drinks! We hope we will be able to stop at Grand Cayman in December 2005 on the Navigator of the Seas sailing the Western Caribbean! If we go to Grand Cayman next year we go if not Oh Well! We love cruising and always have a GREAT TIME no matter what! I hope everyone can enjoy their cruise experience no matter what may happen! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

Archived