Ventura - what is choice in the library?

Miffy2003

Hi everyone

I am asking this question for my mum, who is looking forward to sailing on Ventura next month.

She is a big reader (and reads quickly). She is planning on taking a few novels and then relying on Ventura's library for the rest.

Is this a good idea - what is the selection like? Are the more popular books hard to obtain as others have checked them out first? Is there anything else you can tell me about the library?

Many thanks for any help :)

Karen

There is a really good selection of up to date books to borrow. I read mostly none fiction so I can't coment on fiction. But the none fiction had recently published titles like Parkinson's autobiography and Dawn French's and Paul O'grady. I am pretty sure I saw passengers with the new Ian Rankin as well, I think its called Exit Music ? There is also a small selection of books to buy as well, the library is only maned at certain times of day. So my suggestion is if you see a librarian there, pop in and take a book out straight away.

Before I go on holiday I always pop into the local charity shop and stock up with a few paperbacks of my choice. That way I know I will definitely have some thing to read and when I have finished with them I leave them behind for the crew or at the paperback exchange if the ship has one. I then have more room in my suitcase to take home any shopping / souvenirs.

Archived