Prices Keep Going Down

peedee3400

No sign of Princess prices going down in the UK. In September this year I booked 2 BD balcony rooms at a cost of £2,200 ($3960) each for the 4 of us.

I checked with TA today what the upgrade price would be to change to 2 AD mini-suites...the upgrade is an extra ($700) per person..so I did`nt bother!!

I rather suspect the exchange rate difference between the Pound and Dollat compared to September and today actually represents the price drop! (the upgrade price at Sptember`s exchange rate would have been $900).

It would not make any difference if prices did drop in the UK as we would not get a price drop as Princess do not offer the same service to UK bookers and that really upsets me.

My cruise dropped by over £600 and when I was refused a price drop I asked to pay for an upgrade to a Mini Suite. I was told that I could do so BUT at the rate that prevailed at the time I made my original booking NOT the reduced rate! Hmmmmm.

I could cancel and re-book and looe my £500 deposit to boot!!

K

It would not make any difference if prices did drop in the UK as we would not get a price drop as Princess do not offer the same service to UK bookers and that really upsets me.

My cruise dropped by over £600 and when I was refused a price drop I asked to pay for an upgrade to a Mini Suite. I was told that I could do so BUT at the rate that prevailed at the time I made my original booking NOT the reduced rate! Hmmmmm.

I could cancel and re-book and looe my £500 deposit to boot!!

K

This really seems quite unfair. I asked my TA about their policy and he said as long as the prices go down before final payment, his company will reduce the fare to all customers. They deal with UK and Canadian customers and it has never been a problem for his agency to pass the savings on.

For the rest of you.....always check prices with more than one Travel Agency to compare. My TA isn't always the cheapest but he will always reduce the cost to match any other agency if I point it out to him. You have to check on a regular basis to get the best prices.

Our Alaskan cruise has gone down by $220 pp and we thought THAT was terrific. (Golden BB Cabin full aft)

Some of you have had absolutely incredible refunds. We're still very happy with what we have since we're still substantially lower than the Princess site. I'm amazed that the TA was able to reduce ours twice since we started off lower than Princess in the first place. They just reduce accordingly. I am very pleased with our service.

Archived