Time for shopping after cave tubing?

joy seas

We're booked to go cave tubing with major tom - wondering if we have time either before or after the excursion to do a little shopping. I hear they have some great deals on designer purses, and have promised them to my teens as xmas gifts. Any info or tips? Thanks!

You don't say how long your are in port, but I wouldn't count on much shopping time. We were there last month from 8:00-4:00. Major Tom and his crew met us at the dock and we were off pretty quick. However, by the time we got back we had about 45 minutes till the last tender. They want to get you going on the tour pretty quickly as it is about a 45 minute ride each way out to the caves.

You don't say how long your are in port, but I wouldn't count on much shopping time. We were there last month from 8:00-4:00. Major Tom and his crew met us at the dock and we were off pretty quick. However, by the time we got back we had about 45 minutes till the last tender. They want to get you going on the tour pretty quickly as it is about a 45 minute ride each way out to the caves.

Thank you! I think I've asked how long the tour typically takes a couple times now. I was afraid we might not get back to the ship in time.

I would not worry. All of the shopping is right off the pier where the tenders dock. Naturally, to get to many of the stores you have yo walk through one of two Dianonds International shops.....I found a great place for Mayan art that way. I couldn't bring what I wanted back, so I hope they still have it when I am there in January!!!!

Archived