Passion Island, Paradise Beach, Nochi, or ....?

mnice8

Hi, i'm just looking for some input from you seasoned cozumelers, lol.

We've been to Chankanaab (sp?) the last 3 times in Cozumel and i want something different.

We are 2 couples early 30's (very early, :) ) and want to relax and hang. I'm interested in the Twister, sounds kind of fun. we want to be able to do some stuff, but dont want it to be super crowded. no kids with us.

I'm open to other ideas there as well, but dont want to be in a taxi for more then 15 minutes or so.

Thanks!!!!

Which is best for kids? We'll have a group of about 20 ranging in age from 10 to 52, mostly kids. I'm kind of leaning toward Paradise Beach. Can anyone offer suggestions and/or comparison's that would be good for all ages? We've been to Coz many times but always had my Mom and elderly Grandma so couldn't do a beach.

Which is best for kids? We'll have a group of about 20 ranging in age from 10 to 52, mostly kids. I'm kind of leaning toward Paradise Beach. Can anyone offer suggestions and/or comparison's that would be good for all ages? We've been to Coz many times but always had my Mom and elderly Grandma so couldn't do a beach.

I hear that paradise beach is the best for families. that or playa mia. I did like chankanaab though, there's mini golf, snorkeling, food/drinks, walking paths, a lagoon and dolphin swim. I haven't been there in a while, but when i was there last they didn't have the water trampoline or the rock wall.

good luck.

Hi, i'm just looking for some input from you seasoned cozumelers, lol.

We've been to Chankanaab (sp?) the last 3 times in Cozumel and i want something different.

We are 2 couples early 30's (very early, :) ) and want to relax and hang. I'm interested in the Twister, sounds kind of fun. we want to be able to do some stuff, but dont want it to be super crowded. no kids with us.

I'm open to other ideas there as well, but dont want to be in a taxi for more then 15 minutes or so.

Thanks!!!!

It will depend on if you want to snorkel from shore or not. If you don't care about snorkeling, Passion Island is probably a good choice. If you want to snorkel from shore, Playa Uvas would be the choice I'd pick. If you want to avoid kids, avoid any of the beach clubs that have water toys; Playa Mia and Paradise Beach club both have big water toys.

If you want all inclusive, Nachi Cocom is probably the best choice.

If you want the least crowded beach, Playa Palancar is really nice but it is probably 5 minutes too much in the taxi for you.

I hear that paradise beach is the best for families. that or playa mia. I did like chankanaab though, there's mini golf, snorkeling, food/drinks, walking paths, a lagoon and dolphin swim. I haven't been there in a while, but when i was there last they didn't have the water trampoline or the rock wall.

good luck.

Thanks!

OK, looking at photos/youtube videos of passion island, and most of the up close photos/videos, the water looks pretty murky and not clear/blue at all.

does anyone have any experience on this island? photos???

Paradise Beach. No entrance fee unless you want to purchase a wristband to use the water toys, floating iceberg, water tampoline.

Always great food, drinks & service. Cleanest beach & restrooms in Coz. :D

?? So can you walk there from the ship or do you need to take a cab?? Mnice I saw somewhere that we will be the only ship in Cozumel that day dont know if its true or not, but I think back on our roll call page someone said that.

If its free we might just do that. beach looks big enough to spread out away from kids. Also its not vacation time for many kids so it shouldnt be too bad

?? So can you walk there from the ship or do you need to take a cab?? Mnice I saw somewhere that we will be the only ship in Cozumel that day dont know if its true or not, but I think back on our roll call page someone said that.

If its free we might just do that. beach looks big enough to spread out away from kids. Also its not vacation time for many kids so it shouldnt be too bad

You will need to take a cab but vans are available & should be a good rate with the size of your group.

CC members are always treated very well at PB. :) They also have a laptop available for fre use at the bar. Great time to check in at home or post on CC.

The Twister ride to Passion Island is wonderful! You WILL get wet. :eek:

To relax and do nothing this is the place to go. We found two hammocks, a table, a chair, and did nothing. It was so work it to just lay there enjoy a cool drink, feel the sea air, and relax. Darn I miss it.

Try to avoind the "flea market" if you go. Everything is WAY over priced.

The Twister ride to Passion Island is wonderful! You WILL get wet. :eek:

To relax and do nothing this is the place to go. We found two hammocks, a table, a chair, and did nothing. It was so work it to just lay there enjoy a cool drink, feel the sea air, and relax. Darn I miss it.

Try to avoind the "flea market" if you go. Everything is WAY over priced.

thanks. how was the water? was it cloudy/murky or clear?

The water was cloudy when we were there. I have read about it being from crystal clear to totally cloudy.

Here are some pictures we took while in Cozumel and on Passion Island.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhotos&albumID=1080737&MyToken=73565e24-d2a2-4f68-9bd0-8c96421e7748

OK, looking at photos/youtube videos of passion island, and most of the up close photos/videos, the water looks pretty murky and not clear/blue at all.

does anyone have any experience on this island? photos???

I loved our day at Passion Island. The only thing that would have made it better was if they had had waiters to bring drinks to you on the beach, other than that it was perfect! Here are some photos. . .

2537702360104577923S425x425Q85.jpg

2178378890104577923S425x425Q85.jpg

2293924760104577923S425x425Q85.jpg

My Boyfriend and I will be in Cozumel on Monday Jan. 13 and we are looking for a fun all inclusive beach day. We are 24 & 25 and would like an open bar, food, some type of water activity, pool, and fun crowd. Nichi Cocom ($49 all inclusive) looks really nice but I’m not sure if the crowd is going to be too laid back. Any other suggestions?

My Boyfriend and I will be in Cozumel on Monday Jan. 13 and we are looking for a fun all inclusive beach day. We are 24 & 25 and would like an open bar, food, some type of water activity, pool, and fun crowd. Nichi Cocom ($49 all inclusive) looks really nice but I’m not sure if the crowd is going to be too laid back. Any other suggestions?

Mr sancho's there are a few threads, last i knew it was 40 per person.

I highly recommend Pard. Beach. We have been there 3 times and once with five children ages 3 to 17 years of age. VERY Clean facilities, good food. Enough to do to keep everyone happy. Some of the adults booked a snorkeling tour, other booked parasailing they left from the pier there so it was very convenient. Everyone had a great time.

Archived