Long Beach Hyatt

randyat1001

Randy,

It's a wonderful hotel. I have stayed there a few times and would go back. Great location....Aquarium of the Pacific, Queen Mary, water views, little harbor village across the street and you can alk to downtown Long Beach for shopping & good restaurants. The lobby is beautiful, the cafe is great for breakfast & it has a nice bar.
Ask for a room on a high floor with a water view!

Kathy

DH and I stayed there last April. We had a view of the Queen Mary from our room. There's a walk way you can take from the hotel to the harbor village across the street. Have dinner at the Yard House there- it was excellent.
Enjoy!

We stayed there last April also. Got a priceline bid of $55. It was a great hotel!! We thought it was a lot better than the Sheraton San Pedro. The only drawback is it has no shuttles, but with the great price a taxi is OK. Taxi to the pier was about $30. You can also take a shuttle company.

Thanks Jennifer and Gloria for the insight.
Years ago DW(DGF then) stayed on the Queen Mary for a week and had a ball, The Spruce Goose was located there then but has since been moved and we spent quite a bit of time at the little shopping/ restaurant area there.
Randy

The shopping/restaurant area is called Rainbow Harbor, and it is a delightful & safe walk from the Hyatt. We ate at the Mexican restaurant there, think it is called Tequila's, DH is a Mexican food junkie--we try them out everywhere we go & very few can compare to the authentic one around the corner from home.

Hi Randy,

I just bid on Priceline for the very first time the other night and got the Long Beach Hyatt for $60 pre-cruise for 2/12/05. All the different web sites have it at around $190-235 a night!

The hotel was refurbished in 2003. If you go on Expedia you can do a virtual tour!

Jeez, it was all so wonderful I don't know where to start. Are you traditional or PC dining? We had traditional and enjoyed it. The only complaints we heard on board were about PC dining. Also, getting a passport helps pass thru the immigration lines quicker. They made us form 2 lines - 1 for BCs, 1 for passports. We got glares from the BC line as ours was moving quickly while there's seemed to be standing still. Happy Sailing!

We are late seating traditional and all 4 have our passports so it sounds llike we are ahead on those potential issues. We like to dine late and have the same waitstaff so we have never tried PC.
Was skywalkers busy? On Grand I think due to rough weather was not as well attended as we expected.

I didn't go to skywalkers but heard from others that it was dead due to awful music not appropriate for the general age group of the ship. I heard the view is worth a trip though. Maybe they will have changed the type of music played by the time you sail. We fell in love with our DR wait staff at table #1, the best!! We had lobster 2 nights - lobster thermidore and regular lobster another - yummy! Happy Sailing!

Hi Randy,
Yes, we will be on the same cruise. I was just on the Diamond 9/25 and
it is a beautiful ship. immigration took forever though disembarking. It took
us about an our to get through Customs and Immigration even with our passport.

Great ship (except for PC dining, which you don't have)
There is a roll call for our ship in the roll call forum. I haven't signed on yet
but plan to do so.

Archived