Victory

Joeci

Hi Joeci! I've been following the boards since we decided on the Victory out of San Juan 1/18/2009. I know I read different opinions on the matter, but these boards move really fast, so you may have to go back quite a few pages. There is a Christmas cruise that left on 12/21/2008 that should be returning soon, so you might want to put that question out there to them, then.

I'm sure that you are trying to book airfare and ergo the question. Since we are staying in San Juan for a few days after the cruise, I didn't pay too much attention to the "early/debarkment/got to catch a flight" scenario, but do remember reading some saying it's totally doable and others feeling uncomfortable (flight at 10 am) if it was cutting it close. Personally, if the ship gets into port at 7:00 am, and you self-debark, I would think you would have plenty of time to catch a flight by noon.

Again, this subject was discussed, so comb through the threads if you are anxious for an answer. Also, read some of the Victory S Caribbean reviews as well as bump this thread or re-ask when the cruisers from the Christmas cruise return and are all fresh and ready to answer questions!

Check out a few of the reviews posted on CC. Looks like there have been some instances of difficult disembarkations.

We are sailing on Victory March 8 and decided on a 2:45 return flight. It also appears that traffic at the terminal can be a nightmare.

Best of luck and Happy New Year!

Just got home from our Victory cruise (12/21/08 cruise). You shouldn't have a problem getting on a noon flight. They have worked out the problems with disembark. We did a ship tour of San Juan since we had a late flight but our sons were some of the last ones off the ship and their number was called by 9:15. If you let Carnival know you have an 'early' flight you should have no problems.

BTW - GREAT cruise!

Just got home from our Victory cruise (12/21/08 cruise). You shouldn't have a problem getting on a noon flight. They have worked out the problems with disembark. We did a ship tour of San Juan since we had a late flight but our sons were some of the last ones off the ship and their number was called by 9:15. If you let Carnival know you have an 'early' flight you should have no problems.

BTW - GREAT cruise!

Glad you had a good time. I hope it is a smooth disembark when we go, cause we have a noon flight also. Never had one that early before. Do you have any suggestions on things to do in St Kitts? We've been to all the other islands before, just not St Kitts.

Thanks.

In St. Kitts we did Greys Tour which was a nice way to see the island. The weather was off and on rain that day so it was nice to be in a bus. We got to St. Kitts 2 hours late because high waves wouldn't let us dock earlier so our tour got cut short. There was supposed to be some beach time but we just stopped to see the beach (and got wet from the rain anyway!). I know some people that were going to take the railroad there but I never saw them again before we got off the ship to ask if they liked it. The train was $99 so hopefully worth the money.

For the price Grey was a good deal.

I just got off the same cruise and we had one of the last zone numbers due to our late flight. We actually waited on the ship until we heard the "last call to disembark". It was 10:15a. Anyone with a flight before 1p I think had a priority tag and they started calling numbers around 8a. I wished we had a noon flight!

We had an 11:30 flight out of San Juan this past Sunday. You should get a low number 1,2,3, or 4 and be off the ship quick. It was the easiest disembarkment I have ever had. We were off the ship by 9:00 and at the airport by 9:30. Don't forget to get your bags inspected before you go into the terminal to check in for your flight.

Archived