Carnival Dollars

draconis

I've used them several times with no problem. If you booked direct with Carnival, you can log in to your account on their site in a couple days and they will show up as a credit there.

How do you check your account? I'm paid and traveling 1/31/09. I know I have on-board credit, but would like to check it online. How do I do it?

How do you check your account? I'm paid and traveling 1/31/09. I know I have on-board credit' date=' but would like to check it online. How do I do it?[/quote']

I'm not sure if you can do it unless you booked direct with Carnival, not with a TA or other online site. If you did book with Carnival, just go to Carnival.com and register or log in and click on my profile, then modify booking, and it will show amount due, if any, and credits, etc.

I'm not sure if you can do it unless you booked direct with Carnival, not with a TA or other online site. If you did book with Carnival, just go to Carnival.com and register or log in and click on my profile, then modify booking, and it will show amount due, if any, and credits, etc.

Thanks. I tried that. Says -0-. Guess I had better call Carnival and check, because I should have over $200 in OBC, not counting what we should get for fuel surcharge refund.

I've always just taken my "fun dollars" to the purser's desk and had them applied to my account

Me too!

I have always been afraid :o to mail them - so I just take them with me and have them applied to our account once we are on board. Works great - and is one less thing to stress :eek: about ;)!

I stress about waiting in line at the pursers desk for any reason. Why would you be afraid to mail them? They're guaranteed. Just keep the detachable receipt and/or write down the serial # and bring that with you. And you can check on the web site ahead of time and make sure they are received and credited to your account. I'm not sure why people want to make things harder than they need to be.. I guess they just can't wait to get in that long line at the purser's desk..

I stress about waiting in line at the pursers desk for any reason. Why would you be afraid to mail them? They're guaranteed. Just keep the detachable receipt and/or write down the serial # and bring that with you. And you can check on the web site ahead of time and make sure they are received and credited to your account. I'm not sure why people want to make things harder than they need to be.. I guess they just can't wait to get in that long line at the purser's desk..

Well then the difference must be........I do not wait in line :eek:.

We wait until the second or third day - when there are no lines. The whole process takes 5 minutes and then it is all taken care of...no muss...no fuss ...no stress and no postage ;)!

I've always just taken my "fun dollars" to the purser's desk and had them applied to my account

I took my "Funship Dollars" on my last cruise in Oct and was told by the pursers office that I couldn't hve them applied as an OBC. They showed me the fine print and sure enough, it said that it could only be applied to a booking. I brought it home, intending to send it in towards my next cruise, and I'll be darned if I can't find it now:( It expires in Feb09, so I really need to start looking. I totally forgot about it until I saw this thread.

So...how many different CCL $$ are there?

I took my "Funship Dollars" on my last cruise in Oct and was told by the pursers office that I couldn't hve them applied as an OBC. They showed me the fine print and sure enough, it said that it could only be applied to a booking. I brought it home, intending to send it in towards my next cruise, and I'll be darned if I can't find it now:( It expires in Feb09, so I really need to start looking. I totally forgot about it until I saw this thread.

Only one kind...that I know of :(...

Which ship were you on?? Yes....it says that you must apply them to a booking - but you had a booking number attached to your current sailing...so I am confused :confused:. I understand that Carnival does not want to just hold a credit for you - which is why they must be applied to a specific booking.

We most recently applied our "Funship Dollars" while sailing on the Splendor - in November. We had no problem at all :o. They did have to look up my "booking number" to complete the transaction- but it was no big deal.

Just a thought....maybe you could contact Carnival. If they are "lost" maybe they have information to allow them to be reissued - or applied to your current booking :confused:.

I do not know...but it may be worth a try.....

Only one kind...that I know of :(...

Which ship were you on?? Yes....it says that you must apply them to a booking - but you had a booking number attached to your current sailing...so I am confused :confused:. I understand that Carnival does not want to just hold a credit for you - which is why they must be applied to a specific booking.

We most recently applied our "Funship Dollars" while sailing on the Splendor - in November. We had no problem at all :o. They did have to look up my "booking number" to complete the transaction- but it was no big deal.

Well, like what happens often is that there's no consistancy. I was on the Pride and wanted it applied as an OBC. The Purser rep advised that I'd have to mail it to CCL, so I wasn't given the opportunity to apply it on board or to my future booking.

I'll have to look tomorrow when I don't have "sleepy" eyes.

We have always taken them on board with us to the Pursers Desk and had them applied. The only one we didn't do it for was the first one. We have done it probably 7 or 8 times. Just did it this past February. We already bought them ahead for next feb.

I just bought some to top up my sign and sail account...i was told to put our booking # in for our address...within 2 days they were posted to my documents saying On board credit with the total beside it.

Hi,

If you bought them online they will not show up until your fun pass is complete. Our credits showed up after we were paid in full and had our papers all done. I guess about one month before we left....

If they were gifts you just need to give them at the pursors desk.

Sandi

If they were gifts you just need to give them at the pursors desk.

Sandi

Or mail them in per the instructions on them. My funpass is not complete and my credit has been showing on the site for months. Even if you have them sent to you, it's much easier to mail them in then store them, remember where you stored them, remember to pack them, make a trip to the purser's desk, etc. Simplify your life.

Archived