Cruise Line Advertising

Which Cruise Line missed the mark the most with their new ads?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cruise Line missed the mark the most with their new ads?

• Carnival
    • NCL
    • Royal Caribbean
    • Scrap them all and start over

Watching these ads was painful, no other way to say it. The NCL ads were the least painful for me. The big question has to be, has Carnival and RCI management lost their minds? Or do they know something we don't. The "Nation of Why Not" - whyyyy? Not only is the "Nation Adrift", the company is adrift. I really liked both Carnival and RCI's old ad campaigns and commercials. Both companies have directed these ads to acquire "new business", we will see if it works. They all must have been drunk... :D

Loved that Brazilian ad! If it weren't for the ice skating and flowrider, then it almost conveys a more Princess feel to it. In that sense, it isn't an ad for Royal IMHO. But as a "cruise" ad, it's terrific.

For the person that didn't understand (duh, it's in portuguese...), the singer basically sings about "Why don't you come with me, let yourself be taken, I promise to sail the stars, we'll find a special place". The tag line reads: "Trips that make your dreams into reality". Well, my portuguese is rusty...

I saw the Carnival commercial with the big piniata (sp?) today, and it really caught my attention as being fun and colorful--although not cruise-oriented.

Based on ads alone, NCL's would appeal to DH and me because of our preference for dining on our own, but after sailing with them once, that was quite enough for us :eek:

Considering all of this, I have to vote for Carnival for best new ad. NCL is a big neutral, but the weird RCCL ad DEFINITELY missed the mark...and this is coming from a very loyal RCCL cruiser :(

Edited to add - I guess I just don't "get" the Brazil one

They are all equally bad with NCL's being the lesser of the three evils...I am typically a cheerleader for Royal but their new 'Nation of Why Not' is horrible...as someone else stated 'Get Out There' was just fine...and Carnivals I never would've guessed it was a cruise line ad. So there you have it... :)

Archived