Is this a good upgrade? ...Emerald E110

13438Chris

We are on the Emerald sailing 10/11/09 and booked a gauranteed inside cabin for 3 passengers. We were assigned cabin E110, it is an oceanview located at the front of the ship, above a lounge stage. Do you think this is a decent cabin considering we booked an inside cabin? We do not hang out that much in the cabin and have not gotten sea sick on previous cruises.

We are on the Emerald sailing 10/11/09 and booked a gauranteed inside cabin for 3 passengers. We were assigned cabin E110, it is an oceanview located at the front of the ship, above a lounge stage. Do you think this is a decent cabin considering we booked an inside cabin? We do not hang out that much in the cabin and have not gotten sea sick on previous cruises.

It's fine; better than an inside since you will get some light. As for being above theater, you'll most likely not go to bed until after the shows anyway and they don't use the theater very early in the AM.

If you don't get seasick, you should be fine. Any outside is better than an inside stateroom IMHO as you will at least know if it is day or night. You might have a bit of noise during showtimes, and a bit more movement if the seas get rough, but you will be fine.

My husband and I were in E115 and my parents in E119 (Nov 08). Good location, however we did have two rough nights at sea. While we were out on the ship, no problem, but when in the room it was very rough. My mom was sick both nights and I very quesy (I typically do not get sick from these types of things). Only thing we could figure was b/c we were on the front of the boat - I mean one night the hangers in the closet were banging back and forth on the wall and we could hear the waves hitting the side of the boat. Other than that it was a nice window and view and easy access to theater. Lousy access to kids area though if you have children - opposite end of the boat.

Have fun.....it was a blast!

I would be concerned, especially if you are prone to sea-sickness. As the previous poster said, it can be rough. I also personally would not like to be over a lounge as I don't stay up late.

If it were me, I'd stick to the inside IF it was mid-ship or aft. If it is a forward inside, then you would be better off with the oceanview.

Archived